Turbo for my T-Jet Sporting

Elliott313

Car
Fiat Grande Punto
Hey,

Just wondering if anyone can help me find a turbo for my Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 T-Jet 120 Sporting.

I really want to boost the power of the car and make it louder so any help will be great!! :D

Thanks a bunch :D

Elliott 313

From someone who knows what they're talking about on these newer Fiat lumps:

"The Turbo we fitted to the T-Jet to get in excess of 160bhp is the one on the Brava 150 T-Jet. The car was mapped at the same time and induction fitted.

The 150 turbo can be baought for about 400 pounds plus VAT from Fiat as a re-con, which is a new unit.

Although it can be fitted to the T-Jet engine without mapping it is advisable to re-map.

The fitting is straight forward as it is identical from the outside. It is just a bigger venturi and impeller in the otherwise same housing."

From someone who knows what they're talking about on these newer Fiat lumps:

"The Turbo we fitted to the T-Jet to get in excess of 160bhp is the one on the Brava 150 T-Jet. The car was mapped at the same time and induction fitted.

The 150 turbo can be baought for about 400 pounds plus VAT from Fiat as a re-con, which is a new unit.

Although it can be fitted to the T-Jet engine without mapping it is advisable to re-map.

The fitting is straight forward as it is identical from the outside. It is just a bigger venturi and impeller in the otherwise same housing."

Thank you for replying so quickly!

So if i was to go to Fiat, they could possibly suply me with the 150 Turbo?

Do you know of anywhere i can get it for less money?

I've heard Angel Tuning are good for re-mapping, do you know of any other places which are reasonable for re-mapping?

Thanks for your help :D

Elliott313

Red Dot down in London are superb for re-maps. Where about are you based?

Also, yes go to Fiat and they can supply you with the 150 turbo, and virtually any other part. Some dealers are a bit gay though with the older cars, a few don't even know there is such thing as a Fiat Punto GT! :blink: Should be okay with the newer cars though I'd imagine.

£400 + VAT is cheap as chips for a new/re-con turbo as it is (I was expecting around the £700 mark tbh). Be on the look out for Bravo 150's being broken, as you may be able to get a second hand turbo, but try and see the car running with it on first. If the car is smoking on boost, or there is oil coming out of the exhaust, steer clear as the seals will be gone. Also check the shaft for play. Bit of a risk as there is no physical way of knowing the seals have gone before buying without running the turbo. On a new car such as the Bravo with a new turbo and standard boost though the risk is very very minimal.

Cool, ill search them up on the internet.

Me, im based in he South - East region so Londons not a problem for me to go to.

Oh right cool, so ill have to save up then :cheesy: haha.

Ill keep an eye out for the turbo, and thanks for the heads up about the oil out the exhaust etc, ill defo want to see it running before purchasing it!

Thanks for the advice :D

Elliott313