Tuning my new 03 stratus R/T coupe 3.0 v6?

xenium

Tuning my new 03 stratus R/T coupe 3.0 v6?

Here is what I have in mind, I don't have thousands to blow, nor would I on this car, I'm saving that for my future 350z. 8)

Long arm cold air intake
Performance chip
k&n filter
Replacing the muffler with pipe, the car already has 2 resinators and it makes the car sound like this:

http://media.putfile.com/race-style-clip-non-burn-out

Nice, huh? Not to loud, not to soft and low. ;)

So what kind of HP gain do you think I would get from these modifications? Would it be noticeable? Do you recommend any other small changes like this?

Thanks!

Here are some pics of my new ride!
http://www.petmoose.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325

closed induction kit will work well, try and keep it away from the engine though, like behind an airdam.

good power gain to be had, what are you looking for out of a remap?

very nice car and sound by the way :D

Thanks!

I have no idea what those things are or where I can buy them lol...

Can you elaborate?

I don't have forced induction money, that's like $3000-5000, ouch.

I can realistcally spend $500-$1000, heh.

Some have told me just stick a k&n filter in it, fix the exhaust and call it good and that performance chips are a joke...

Nice ride and welcome to Torquecars. Chips are great as long as we are talking proper remaps - they work best on Turbo engined cars but your car will benefit a little from tighter ignition timing - don't expect more than 5bhp from a remap though on your car.

Exhaust and induction kit sound good options to me but don't forget the suspension which can make the car fun to drive in the bends.

ty

The car comes w/ a sway bar and the dealer put a whole new suspension on it, it's very tight.

I don't think 5hp is worth it for a $250 or so chip since I'm not doing forced induction.

I just did some of the exhasut and put a k and n filter, I guess a long arm cold air intake would be good and we'll call it good.

This is a daily driver so I'm not going to go nuts on it, I'm saving that for my future 350z ;)

Thanks!

You're right about not bothering with remaps etc. The gains on NA cars are minimal really.

Best candidates for mapping are diesels. Managed 192bhp out of my 2.2 Peugeot HDi. I'm thinking of fitting an additional oil cooler - any thoughts please?

The oil temperateure can ride up to around 120 celcius when driven extensively. It does stabilise at that point and can be driven hard all day.

The car has a water/oil heat exchanger as standard - I was just thinking of adding a secondary oil cooler to keep turbo temperatures down.

any space under the battery? why not extend away from the engine, near the fuel tank which will be away from heat anyway, however alot of work.

what bits don't you need? manifold? pah! clutch? pah! :D

That means oil pipes along the length of the car. Yes, a lot of work and a lot of pipe length to get damaged. Open that circuit and you've got a dry engine.