Traffic wardens!

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I got a ticket for a pay and display car park. I had paid for 4 hours but returned 14 minutes late to find a ticket! :x Same car park and a friend paid and displayed for a second 2 hour period but left the original ticket in the window and he was issued with a fixed penalty!!!

There is a parking issue and I know traffic wardens make a very incredibly valuable contribution to western world civilisation but I must protest at the inflexible way it is enforced. :evil:

Parking enforcement can be a joke in some areas and in others it does seem to be a big money spinner for the local authority. I guess you're unlucky!

Even better when you return to the vehicle in an un-hurried fashion, KNOWING that there's 45 seconds left and that the traffic warden has wasted those 45 minutes standing about.

You watch the fury - one bloke got very agressive with me (thus causing a delay) and then took photos with a digital camera.

Guess what - jpg files ain't admissible in evidence. Take the tick et and ask for it to be dealt with in court. When this pics tip up, just refer to Police and Criminal Evidence Act (which none of 'em have read) and watch them hastily retract the (non) evidence, (and the case itslef) asking the magistrate to record a verdict of 'no case to answer'.

:)

I was staying at my g/f's dad’s for a few months, and were he stays is permit parking or pay the meter.

The most u could stay for is 2 hours, even though it's a residential area. One morning when I was off work I had paid for my 2hrs then when it was up I paid for 2 more.

Guess what?

I got a ticket for "feeding the meter". Feeding the fookin meter!!! I could understand if it was the high street but even then surely the council should be happy there getting more of my money.

Wardens are never out the paper here, always some story about how they scam by making up foreign plates etc. Scum bags!