Traffic signs less is more

thexav

Pro Tuner
Staff member
Car
2002 Clio 172
Do you think that road signs need to be improved? I actually think there are too many signs on our roads and that things would be better with fewer signs.

The traffic signs in some areas is appauling. Place signs tend to go missing a lot and these are essential for drivers new to the area.

I do agree though that some towns have too many road signs and road markings. The did experiment with naked roads for a bit but I'm not sure what the outcome was.

Yeh i'll agree with this. This is exactly how my Scoobs got written off. Some idiot missread the signs and road markings as there are too many, stopped right infront of me thinking he had to give way, it was a very wet and slippery night, and my car just locked up (we weren't speeding or anything, he just did it out of the blue)

massive waste of money, all of the unneeded signs. the road past here has been designated a "Red Route" so is now cluttered with a plethora of signs that would need a traffic law thesaurus to decode, the price - £160K.

in holland they trialed no signs or road markings and the accident rate went down, people actually checked thier mirrors and looked at junctions.

in holland they trialed no signs or road markings and the accident rate went down, people actually checked thier mirrors and looked at junctions.

They also took all of the traffic lights out of a few towns. Accident rate didnt go down... They just stopped having accidents!

Imagine that here at a crossroads, everyone would just pull out onto each other. The first accident would be about two seconds after turning off the lights.