track only 2.0ltr car?

Mate tbh I think you may have a problem with insurance if it's your first car with or without any tuning etc, Good luck

i want to stay away from a engine swap if possible. and my partners lad (my adopted son) "loves roary" and "cars", he's always asking to watch me on my ps2 when playing racing games! they are amazing and change the person you were

I have a 300whp car you can buy. All you have to do is ship it :p It's the car in my sig (provided my sig is working) on the right :p haha

The 320 isn't the one to buy then. 328s can be had for similar to your £500. 250bhp can be had from the 2.8 relatively easy. It being RWD means it'll handle that 300bhp better than the others. The BMW chassis is excellent as well. Bear in mind it shares this with the M3.

How much are you planning to spend on this project?

Which was the best handling 3 series ( I persume e36 ) Which is the lightest and best engine (except M3)? As a cheapish rwd drivers car is the 3 series tops or does the 200sx hold that title?? Thanks

Which was the best handling 3 series ( I persume e36 ) Which is the lightest and best engine (except M3)? As a cheapish rwd drivers car is the 3 series tops or does the 200sx hold that title?? Thanks

Never driven an 200sx/240sx so I can't say for sure. Afaik the 240 is used for drifting a lot more but the E36 is used for actual track days more.

If not the M3 then the 328 has the power but the 6 pot engine weighs more than a 4 pot engine (like mine).

Are you thinking of converting to the blue and white roundel?

IMO if it were staying standard I'd go sporty E36, much better out of the box as s14s are awful standard. If you don't mind modding, s14 all day long.

Never driven an 200sx/240sx so I can't say for sure. Afaik the 240 is used for drifting a lot more but the E36 is used for actual track days more.

If not the M3 then the 328 has the power but the 6 pot engine weighs more than a 4 pot engine (like mine).

Are you thinking of converting to the blue and white roundel?

HA ha, No not at the moment, (I have 5 vehicles and need to sell a few)
No the thing is this, Every time the sun is shining the big kid in me wants a Porsche (924, 944,968,928,). I don't even know why, anyway I got thinking as soon or later I will have one but for the time being I need to be sensible, so I was thinking , what normal car has 50/50 weight distribution, RWD and a name for handling and all I could think of was the e36 BMW (I mentioned the 200sx as it was meant to be the nearest rwd to a 944 (However the Corrado was meant to run rings around the 968 but it was FWD) So to cut a long story short I thought an e36 would be a sensible car which I could also hone my RWD driving skills in...... Anyone know if they are as sharp as a Primera GT or Sport+ as a comparison.. Thanks all

HA ha, No not at the moment, (I have 5 vehicles and need to sell a few)
No the thing is this, Every time the sun is shining the big kid in me wants a Porsche (924, 944,968,928,). I don't even know why, anyway I got thinking as soon or later I will have one but for the time being I need to be sensible, so I was thinking , what normal car has 50/50 weight distribution, RWD and a name for handling and all I could think of was the e36 BMW (I mentioned the 200sx as it was meant to be the nearest rwd to a 944 (However the Corrado was meant to run rings around the 968 but it was FWD) So to cut a long story short I thought an e36 would be a sensible car which I could also hone my RWD driving skills in...... Anyone know if they are as sharp as a Primera GT or Sport+ as a comparison.. Thanks all

Tbh I don't think you'll get a better handling rwd car for the money. I haven't driven a Primera but compared to other good handling fwd cars I've driven the E36 will take them apart. The only way you can be sure is to drive one.

Well looks like the Saab is finished so can sell it, got to get the ECU off to the doctor from the Mondeo so I can sell it, need to sell the Primera (Possibly-Turning out to be quite juicy) And just maybe the VW then it's a new fleet of toys (944s2 hopefully but unlikely)

Well looks like the Saab is finished so can sell it, got to get the ECU off to the doctor from the Mondeo so I can sell it, need to sell the Primera (Possibly-Turning out to be quite juicy) And just maybe the VW then it's a new fleet of toys (944s2 hopefully but unlikely)

I loved the 944 when I was little. Decent examples will take some looking to find now though.

Sure, I don't even know why I want one, It's just nothing else floats my boat except maybe 911, Or another SEC, I have a thing for late 80's early 90's over engineered German performance machinery. A decent e30 325 would be nice but harder to find and for the mpg again i'd may as well be looking for a 944s2. First I need to sell everything else... Shame life gets in the way yet again,,,,

Sure, I don't even know why I want one, It's just nothing else floats my boat except maybe 911, Or another SEC, I have a thing for late 80's early 90's over engineered German performance machinery. A decent e30 325 would be nice but harder to find and for the mpg again i'd may as well be looking for a 944s2. First I need to sell everything else... Shame life gets in the way yet again,,,,

Depends on how you wanted to do it tbh. You could buy something like this and bare in mind it will probably need work or buy something like this and just enjoy it.

I think a classic project is something you might want to do on the side.

Buy a 98 Subaru Impreza and be done with it! Simple remap will reap some good gains. Pick them up pretty cheap these days!

Tbh I'm not a fast driver but do enjoy torque and good pick up. Also I like fast precise steering and a slick gearchange not to mention classic looks. I am kind of chasing a 924s (1988) which from what I can make out is the best overall option for ease of maintenance and raw driving satisfaction (Lighter than 944 with same power)