The Rat Look

Prince

Torque King
Car
BMW E36 318is Coupe
For those who aren't familiar, the rat look is where you take a car, and basically make it look like a complete and utter heap. The car is supposed to look distressed and like it is falling apart. However, under the bonnet usually lies a lot of power. It's like the new sleeper look.

What does everybody think of this kind of 'styling'?

Its a look thats been around for a while. Dub Campers are usually the best candidates; strip the paint and let the rust eat it away then fit a porsche engine. I think that the best rat look cars have nice alloys as it needs something to differentiate them from the real rust buckets.

tbh i wouldnt pay my good money, even it was only a few hundred, to make my car look like a heap of ****, then spend possibly a thousand on a huge enine worth more than the car, seems pretty damn pointless, fair enough if you make the car look some what aesthetic, but as for the rat look, seems silly to spoil a car

Its not for everyone. I like the concept but don't think I could drive around in a "rust bucket" it takes the q car philosphy to another level.

My mate did the rat look with a Saxo last year. He took it to modified nationals and won a trophy with it.
Can't remember what he won. It was best in something.

No i've not got any pics. I'll see if I can lift some from bookface when i next go on. Don't use it much these days.

I'm good thanks mate. Just been generally busy with the house and kids.
I keep an eye on the forum even if I haven't posted much. Been playing alot of Ark Survival Evolved lately, although i've been battling pc issues as well.
How are you and the lady? All well I hope.

Glad you're ok.

It's not been great for us health wise for the last few months to be honest. But I think we are through the worst of it now thankfully. Work has been quite busy, but not all that profitable, I think a lot of people are finding this at the moment though.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back