The Muppet Thread

aswearing

Torque Master
Car
Micra 160sr
i thought that this post would be useful for everytime you see muppet behaviour on the road, sort of like a swear-box.

anytime you see bad driving, please share with us by replying with the make/model of the car, the bad behaviour witnessed and the stupidity level rated from 1 through to 10.

for example (the reason which made me post this)

1) peugeot 106 xn, very large exhaust (looked extremely daft and out of place)

2) swerved onto the opposite side of the road to take a U bend type left turn off of a 60mph road.

3) 7 out of 10

have fun :lol:

1) Invalid carriage - electric power shopping buggy thing.
2) Pulled out across a busy road without looking causing me and other cars to brake hard.
3) Muppet level 6 - its hard to plan to be that daft!

1) Mercedes driver - nough said

2) Approaching a roundabout with two lanes clearly marked - This idiot got 80% of his car in the right lane and the other 20% in the left so I pulled up in what was left of the left lane as I was going straight over and I assumed he was going right.

He then proceeded to drive parallel to me round the roundabout and went straight over instead of turning right and continued to drive parallel to me down the road off the roundabout whilst shouting abuse and telling me to pull over. Eventually, after I'd finished making him look like a complete idiot, I decided to let him go in front before he killed someone.

He did so then slammed on his brakes stopping to get out of his car and continue hurling abuse at me and threatening to hit me whilst holding up a very large queue of traffic.

I calmly explained that the white lines in the middle of the road leading up to the roundabout indicated two lanes and that the right lane is for turning right.

He shouted back I don't care so I said I'm afraid it's not up to you whether you care or not, you either do or you don't drive, it's simple as that, the highway code is not advice it's law.

3) Has to be an 11 out 10 for sheer stupidity

07 plate Zafira stopping at every roundabout on the A39 / A361 North Devon link road.

Stopping despite the fact that half the county is clear of moving vehicles.

These people should be disallowed to drive.

If they can't see that it's safe to continue then how the fuckin' hell can they be relied upon to recognise the development of a potentionally hazardous situation?

It's all about vision, visiblility, forethought, anticipation and attitude.

some have too much attitude.

coming back from work (seems to be a regular occurance on this road..) and id like you to imagine a young yobbo driving stupidly, weaving in and out of lanes, doing excess speeds, not indicating and cutting in at the last minute. can be a little frightening?

well it wasnt a boyo, it was a HGV.

8 out of 10 - very dangerous