The biggest issue facing motorists

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What would you say is the biggest issue facing motorists today? If it is something you feel passionately about this is the thread to let of steam!

Is it the enviroment, speed cameras, traffic calming, road rage, congestion, taxes and charges or something else?

I'd say that the government are the biggest issue facing us. It's the government you make us pay tax on the car we buy, and then tax on the petrol we put in our tank, and we even had to pay tax on it when we bought it!!! The government commission all of these bloody speed cameras, and then have to pay (and by that I mean use the tax money we just paid on our car) for studies to be taken out to prove they work, when in actual fact they only work at that specific point (let's be honest, we see one, so we slow down, then once we're past it we speed back up!) It's the government who decided a bus lane on the M4 would be a good idea! How about an extra lane instead?! The government also decided to ease congestion by making people pay more money (I hate our government!) to enter certain areas, i.e. central London. Whilst I'm at it, I might as well blame the government for the morons that close down lanes on motorways because some idiot (possibly a woman or old age pensioner lol) has bumped some other car, and the 'damage' needs to be accessed. What about BMW or Mercedes drivers...only joking!!

Well I feel better!

• fuel duty
  • vat on the fuel duty
  • vat on the car you buy
  • road tax
  • vat on the road
  • vat on everything else for the car tyres wiperblades etc
  • then theres the council tax to keep our "roads in great condition" :confused:
  • and now they want us to pay road tax on the distance we drive

yeah its all about the tax with the fuel tax is the worst look at good old us of a who love there hemis. last time i heard it was £2 a gallon compared to us at over a £5 in places

I think it's the taxes...

road tax, fuel tax, tax on the car when you buy it... just to much, I understand there has to be some taxes but at least here the taxes are ridicilusly:)???:) high...

So far, every post in this thread are financial concerns and I totally agree. There is so much money you put into a car to keep it running and road legal. It costs a lot to even run the cars with good mpg and low tax band (i.e. Citreon C2) and even more so to run the bigger, more luxury cars.