The 156 thread

FFCBadger

Wrench Pro
Hi
I've just bought a 2001 156 2.0 litre Lusso. It's had a basic sports pack put on it I think as it doesnt have the wood trim etc... but other than that it's pretty dtandard.

I wondered what mods are worth doing. im considering getting it chipped and obviously changing the wheels, but I dont want to get too IN to it as the car's pretty special as it is.

Previous to this I had an Audi Coupe and a Renault 19 16v before that. I had a car in between but it's not worth mentioning 8)

Any help, advice and experiences would be a great help....[/b]

I would say the chip is a very good option on these cars - choose carefully though there is a big difference between them I would go for one that gives more low down torque than top end acceleration. Sports exhaust will enhance the drivers fun factor.

156's handle really nicely so I would avoid suspension mods for now. I would also avoid most induction kits but a panel filter would be a good choice. FSE boost valve is an easy mod to do and makes the engine feel much more snappy.

Cheers Wayne
I've had a little shop around on the net but only really found two company's that remap. Angel and another company in West Sussex. I'll see how their re-maps compare and let you know!

Is a panel filter an easy fit and where would I source one?

Spot on wayne!
Angeltuning and Monzatuning are the two companies I've found so far for remaps.
Unfortunately, Monza measure their chips using a graph based on RPM/lb per foot and Angel use g-force, so it's difficult to compare...however Angel will come to you.

I have to say the Monza graph showing torque improvement is quite compelling

cheers Wayne, will drop them a line 8)
p647078.gif

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back