Tesla - test drive completed

OK - test drive completed and thanks to Emma - at Tesla Motors, West Drayton - for her time.
In short, yes, it's quick. Seriously bloody quick. I didn't stopwatch it but 0-62mph is claimed 4 seconds and it feels totally believeable. Instant torque. Literally instant.
Very quiet and very docile until you give the pedal a determined prod which sends the whole world around you into reverse.
I recommend you all go and take a drive. Tesla has no hard sell policy and actually encourages people to experience it even with no intention means to buy one.

You might want to get him to a doctor like check his spine and neck,you can never be too cautious :D

I think we probably need a good cranial surgeon to take they eyeballs out the back of his skull and put them back into their sockets.

I've driven a few properly rapid cars in my time, including a couple of Porsches and this thing is right there in my estimation. From a standstill I think it's quicker.

Man from a standstill even the silly Smart ForTwo is faster at a launch i think :D.There was like this advertisement where the Smart beat lamborghinis,nissans,porsches if the race was 1 meter long :D

Man from a standstill even the silly Smart ForTwo is faster at a launch i think :D.There was like this advertisement where the Smart beat lamborghinis,nissans,porsches if the race was 1 meter long :D

I have no idea, I've not driven a Smart. Not for even one metre. Perhaps I should drive one.

:rofl: size doesn't matter |B
Wonder if the Stang driver was brave enough to tell anyone that he was blown away by a Smart caro_O:eek:

Holy [expletives removed as per our T&C's] ,i should buy a smart and HYPE it.Imagine you rev to race a guy at a traffic light,and he's like lol he cant beat me in that smart,then you fly away and his jaw drops xD

Last edited by a moderator:
What i saw is that it is quick on launch,however the mustang caught up to it later only a bit time separated them.

OK back on topic now.
What is the range of the car before ti runs out of fuel?
I seem to recall it's not that far if you drive it hard?

Claimed max is 300 miles but you'd be lucky to achieve that. We have to start somewhere though. Petrol wasn't widely available in the early 20th century but demand has created the distribution network we have now.

I'm willing to say that I think it's the future of road transport. Range will improve as the chemists develop every better batteries and charging facilities will be installed if there is sufficient demand.

It sounds like you're sold on one then!

Don't like the look of the interior particularly. And the current availability (no pun intended) of rapid charge points is not sufficient.

The fact is I cannot afford over £60,000 for a car anyway but if I was in that market then I'd struggle not to put Tesla very high on the list.

Having driven one (the P85 plus model, or known also as Model S Performance) you'd think the company had been making high performance luxury saloons for decades.

Tesla is offering up test drives to anyone, whether or not you have any intention of buying one. It's well worth booking up for the experience.

The acceleration is extremely rapid (62mph in 4 seconds is easily believeable) and feels even more so due to the total lack of internal combustion engine noise.