TCJB's last mod ?

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
I have just had my modified rear suspension lower control arms outer mounting point lowered 2 inches/50 mm and my suspension gurus had to fit an offset bush to the inner mounting points to be able to adjust the toe to the correct setting.

The car has some built in toe adjustment but there must have been some slight movement when the mod was fabbed up

This mod is supposed to reduce the tendency of the rear end stepping out suddenly when applying power exiting corners.

I have had it checked and approved by a government approved engineer who has given me a blue modification plate to install in the engine bay so in the unlikely event that plod may question the roadworthyness I am in the clear.

I have also advised my insurer and it is noted on my file.

Last edited:
So many "last mods". :rofl:

I think you really mean latest! ;)

Obi San I think you have nailed it |B :rofl:

:rofl: I must of contacted Steve's disease .V( :) as the mod bug still seems quite strong and I may get the rear lower control arms fitted with some adjustable Heim joints to dial in some serious camber (2 deg neg) as I have checked the strut tops and if I had a set of adjustable camber plates made only minimal camber change can be made due to limited space :(

I already have camber and caster plates in the front but need to get the rear done for far better grip and corner speed.

FYI the driver I know with the log booked race Starion runs -5 deg front and -3 deg rear settings.

Last edited:
Well never say never BUT seeing that I managed to break most of the teeth off the pinion shaft gears :eek: have decided to fit a lower diff ratio that will hopefully result in slightly faster times at events as it should help with faster acceleration exiting corners.

If you haven't seen my other thread then you may not know that I managed to discover that the diff gears from an MK TRITON 2wd ute will fit my "big diff" so I now have a 4.222 ratio installed and have tested the speedo accuracy and it is almost spot on reading 98 @ 100kph on the sat nav.

That is with tyres with the same rolling diameter as factory stock wheel and tyres BUT with an RX7 turbo gearbox.

Well I can't do any more mods on the car in the pic as the new owner picked it up today and the man cave/garage/shed looks bare so it will get a long overdue clean out ready for the FN2R when I find an unmolested low mile one.