TCJB's first street sprint for 2018

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
It is the 3rd running of "Wondai Sprints" and is being held on closed roads in the towns industrial estate on the 14&15th of April.

I will be leaving home to tow the car to the event around 7 am on "black Friday" April the 13th for the app 3 hour drive to Wondai and after setting up camp in the pits and getting the car inspected by the CAMS scrutineers will head off into town to hopefully buy a winning lottery ticket :) that will give me badly needed boost to my tight racing budget.

I have enclosed a map of the track that has some changes in levels along with some tight corners between concrete or 600 kg hay bales.

http://www.sbmotorsinmotion.com/images/Layout.pdf

Getting closer and have already treated the Nitto NT01's with Octopus Grip tread softener ,checked the pad thickness and test run my small 4 stroke generator that supplies light for my camp site in the pits ( budget not enough for motel fees) :(

Will drive to my local BP and add Lucas octane booster before topping up with BP 98 RON Ultimate fuel and will be removing the road tyres and fitting the Nittos before I load the car onto the tandem wheeled car trailer on Thursday after finishing my morning shift at the produce store as well as packing the rear of my 4WD diesel powered tow car with bedding, cooking gear and an Esky with food and drinks.

All 15 wheels and tyres will be checked for correct pressures so everything will be ready for an app 7 am start for the 3 hour or so drive to Wondai and get in early in the queue for scrutineers to check the car and safety gear and head into town and buy a winning lottery ticket fingers xxx.

Looking forward to a good event and chatting to competitors and hopefully matching or bettering my best time from last year.:)

Seeing it's inevitable but true that "the older I get the faster I was"

PS I know there are better tyres than my Nittos but one must live within ones means and I enter various events with no expectations of winning anything but to enjoy the experience .

Last edited:
Weather not looking too promising with possible light showers predicted.

Will walk the app 1.5 klm track once my camp is set up and car passed scrutineering

Turned out to be a dry race track as it rained overnight but there was so many delays with too many drivers hitting the barriers that are placed at the edge of the tarmac so it pays to drive neat and tidy.
Was chuffed to better last years best time by 2 seconds which I put down to the front and rear roll centre adjusters that seem to give a better confidence inspiring feel and grip as the rear didn't want to step out when powering on thru the reverse camber turn 1 sweeper.