TCJB's car is sold

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
After 26 years of highs and lows my much improved / modified 1985 Mitsubishi JB STARION is sold and it's new owner is a competitor that has rallied a Starion in the past and intends to use it at some events so hopefully I will get to see in in action with a younger faster driver behind the wheel.

It is not without some misgivings that this particular 4 wheeled "old girl" is going but I tell people that it was the less costly option :lol:

In a strange co-incidence I received 2 calls on the same day from potential buyers who know each other wanting info and one was on a cruise and couldn't see the car till back on shore in 7 days and the other one has never sat in it but because he has seen it at events is buying it without a test drive.

I have told him that I will give him all the specs and will be available to answer any queries in the future.

So the hunt is really on for a low under 100,000 klm's FN2 Honda Civic Type R as some would know were built in GB

Last edited:
I promised my better half <B that I would only change tyres and brake pads fingers xxxed;)

At my advancing age I may need all the electronic gizmos like ABS,EBD,SC etc in case I run out of talent .V( :lol:

PS I will do my best to resist the mod bug again but can't give any iron clad guarantee :)

Last edited:
The buyer/new owner is collecting the car on the weekend so it's good to know that it is going to a good home as I was concerned that I might have had to place it for sale on Gumtree = Scumtree where I would have had to deal with low balling flat brim wearing d**k heads who would not appreciate the car and the dollars and effort that has gone into it.

The new owner is adding it to his Taga Tasmaia 944 and his caged and stripped 928 race car so my "old girl" will be in good hands |B

He also rallied a Starion many years ago and when he turned up in it to an event was surprised to be pipped by a road Starion driven by some old guy at my clubs autocross event.

PS modesty prevents me from naming the "old guy":lol:

Last edited: