Torque Cars

Suzuki ignis sport help

Discussion in 'Suzuki' started by rogsmith, 25 February 2014.

1. rogsmith

rogsmith Newbie

saffron walden
    Car:
    suzuki ignis sport
    Hello to all. I have an 04 ignis and i was gonna sell it. I had it moted yesterday and it passed with flying colours and i was told how good condition its in. No rust at all absolutley solid underneath and seeing as i have always fancied trying a track day im gonna keep it. Its real fun to drive as well but heres the question.

What can i do thats fairly simple(im not very mechanical)and not overly expensive to get a bit more power out of it.

Many thanks.

2. T9 man

T9 man TC Pro Founder Moderator

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    I would start of with a full service first then seek advice on getting the car remapped for additional power.

One of our members called old-git has a son who remaps various cars and he just happens to be up the road to you. Try sending him a Personal Message for details. In the meantime I am sure that somebody will be along soon who might be able to help you further ;)

rogsmith likes this.
  3. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    That's good advice^^^^
    If you are going to track it then I would get an adjustable rear bar so you can dial out some of the inherent understeer along with a spare set of wheels with some semi slicks as the stock tyres will get hot and lose grip and wear fairly quickly.

I would also get the alignment done with for starters say 1.5-2 degrees negative camber on the fronts ,flush the brake fluids,and fit some good brake pads.

Within reason a well driven good handling car will outrun say the same car with say 10-12 hp more but no suspension upgrade driven by a mediocre driver.

Last edited: 27 February 2014