suspension & tyres

ihark

Car
civic type r ep3
hi just got my type r going 2 lower it any 1 know the best set of coil overs i could get also need good tyres because its cheap 1s that are on it just now i have read a few reviews on and its seems 2 be some people like some brands and give it a gd rating the other people give it a bad 1 kinda stuck on what to do here

Last edited:
tein coilovers are generally concidered good for the jap cars however they normally are slightly harse
Falken 452's arnt that bad for the price
toyo R888s are probably the grippest you will find however not that good in the wet due to them being pretty much trackday tyres - there is a 350bhp FWD golf running these with next to no wheelspin apartly
goodyear f1s also come with high praise as well

It all depends on budget tbh mate. Tein coilovers are probably the best you can get, but they also cost a lot of money. Another alternative is Skunk2 coilovers.

Thanks for the help guys i seen that the falkens were getting good ratings but uniroyal rainsport 2 had better but there was also people saying that they were very bad could any 1 help me with that.yeah i got told that tein or bilstein was the way to go but i was looking and spax got good ratings from some people and are half the price any 1 give me some advice on this

Thanks for the help guys i seen that the falkens were getting good ratings but uniroyal rainsport 2 had better but there was also people saying that they were very bad could any 1 help me with that.yeah i got told that tein or bilstein was the way to go but i was looking and spax got good ratings from some people and are half the price any 1 give me some advice on this

The RSX are good for a "budget" set of Coilovers. Excellent value.

No to Spax. I've got a set from Spax on mine atm, they used to make this knocking noise all the time. Pay the money and get something much better.

No to Spax. I've got a set from Spax on mine atm, they used to make this knocking noise all the time. Pay the money and get something much better.

I had Spax RSX on the GT3, and I know of several others with the same kit on. A mate has a Bora with RSX too. No knocking, no problems. If you have knocking you either have a faulty kit (which you can send back under warranty), you've fitted them wrong, or it's something else knocking. No point spending thousands on collies if the rest of the chassis is like jelly BUT the EP3 is a good handling car so I'd also go for something better.

prince is yours not down something like 100mm
the knocking could be it catching on something - bumpstops, driveshaft, arb etc

Yeah it is... It's a known problem on the Honda coilovers from Spax. I don't know why exactly. But you get what you pay for. Spax coilovers are half the price of Tien coilovers.