Supercharging a NASP S-Type

Jammy11b

Car
Jaguar S-Type VDP
So I have an 05 S-Type VDP. It has the 4.2L V8.

My brother and I have been throwing around the idea of trying to add the S-Type R supercharger and various other components to my S-Type.

Near as I can tell, it's the same engine, transmission and drive line.

I figure I would need the Type R Supercharger, Intercooler system, ECU and Injectors.

Has anyone tried this or have any theoretical advice?

I've heard the just get a Type R argument before, but I love my VDP and the swap from a yard is a lot cheaper than buying a new car I'm unfamiliar with.

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!
Good to have you along with us :)

To supercharge a normally aspirated car is much easier than attempting to turbocharge it. I am not really familiar with the in's and out's of what is involved, but somebody will be along in a while who should be able to help you further.

Good luck buddy.

Last edited:
Thanks T9. That's what I figured. And with the S Type R supercharged already I figure it's mostly plug and play. My compression ratio would be around 20:1 though, whereas the Type R is around 17:1 because of different piston shapes, since the bore and stroke are the same.

I am fairly sure that I have seen this one done already on here, have a good look in the Jaguar forum to see if you can come across it. Failing this, then it may have been posted in the General car chat forum. Either way some of our members have supercharged nasp engines with great success, if they come across this thread then you might get lucky with some pearls of wisdom.

Howdo. It is the same engine but NOT the same tranny unless the american car is a different spec than the UK versions. The n/a 4.2 got a ZF gearbox shared with some Beemers but the R got a Mercedes sourced gearbox that is a lot stronger to cope with the far larger torque from the charged engine.

Yeah. I did read that. That's where I got the idea just to run a lower boost with a larger pulley since obviously a compression ratio of 20:1 is not within the operating zone.