Torque Cars

Sub problem

Discussion in '205/206/207/208 forums' started by Chris7024, 26 January 2009.

1. turbonutter69

turbonutter69 TC ModFather Moderator

Alone in the dark.
    Car:
    Insignia SRI.
    Just play with them until your satisfied. I have to ask but are you setting it up with the boot open or closed?

2. turbonutter69

Alone in the dark.
    Car:
    Insignia SRI.
    And in the world of ICE money means everything. You get what you pay for with ICE....

3. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    it might be easier to get the sub set up to where its as good as you can get, then play with the headunit eq to increase the higher area of bass

4. HDi fun

HDi fun TC ModFather

Buckinghamshire UK
    Car:
    Passat 2.0 TDi
    Wait til there's a meet and I'll do it for you. I've had some practise with large PA systems (10kW per side of stage) so this shouldn't be too hard

5. Chris7024

Chris7024 Torque Junkie

Car:
    peugeot 207 1.4
    I set it with the boot open... it's in the boot. The only other way I could set it is by jumping in the boot and closing it lol.
    I managed to improve the sound a bit more, but still not enough vibration. There's some songs where the car vibrates alot and others you can hardly hear the bass.. and that's a real problem since you have to change the dial all the time to suit the song.
    When will there be a meet and where is it likely to be?

6. HDi fun

HDi fun TC ModFather

Buckinghamshire UK
    Car:
    Passat 2.0 TDi
    All songs will be mastered differently. Try not to focus on the vibration through the car - this is a byproduct really. If it's serious then you have too much gain on the sub of it's not mounted firmly enough.

7. Chris7024

Chris7024 Torque Junkie

Car:
    peugeot 207 1.4
    What do you mean by it's a byproduct and if it's serious?

8. HDi fun

HDi fun TC ModFather

Buckinghamshire UK
    Car:
    Passat 2.0 TDi
    I mean that subwoofers are not primarily designed to make the car vibrate

9. Chris7024

Chris7024 Torque Junkie

Car:
    peugeot 207 1.4
    How could I get more vibration? Even if it is the bass drum vibrating.. is there any way to max the amount of vibration I get? There's a song I have which is "subwoofer test" or something and that makes the car shake more than a nightclub. So my subwoofer obviously has the power to make the car bounce I just need to find out how to unleash that power.

10. HDi fun

HDi fun TC ModFather

Buckinghamshire UK
    Car:
    Passat 2.0 TDi
    You're just being silly now. I'm withdrawing from this thread forthwith.

11. turbonutter69

Alone in the dark.
    Car:
    Insignia SRI.
    Right each song has it's own acoustic sound to it. The bass cd is just for bass.... Nothing else. Thats why it makes the car shake. I have some songs that absolutely thump. And others that don't an require me to change the sub settings on the Head Unit. This is a bit of advice. You payed £100 for your active sub right? Well another £85 would of got you a package deal similar to mine and trust me you wouldn't need any more thump. I am finding now that I am having to tighten screws and a few minor bolts as the bass is so hard it's working everything loose. Trust me sell what you have and buy a package deal. Honestly buying a separate amp and sub is the way to go.

12. Chris7024

Chris7024 Torque Junkie

Car:
    peugeot 207 1.4
    I've got plenty of thump... I just want more vibration. The car makes alot of thump, I usually have the bass on the lowest setting on volume 10 out of 30 because there's so much thump. I just need more vibration that's all