stupid Audi cupholder

aston

The Torque Meister
Car
VOLVO and VW
I've just bought an Audi A6 2006 model. nice except for a huge design flaw. the cupholder.
I have to lift the armrest to put the cup in place then drop the armrest to drive. thus trapping the cup......amazing

In newer Audi's the cup holders sit just below the dash.

My early A3 had a snazzy pop out cup holder just below the radio.

Personally I see no point in the arm rest at all, it is always in the way wherever it is!

Yes, that's a good case for retaining them. How do you eat a BK or McD on the move? Or is this the South Circular A205 definition of move?? :D

:lol:

Strange as it may sound, but no foods are consumed inside the car - EVER! The takeaways go in the boot as I will not have my car smelling like a burger joint and the coffees or cold drinks sit inside the cabin in the cup holders until I get home :)

One of these days Os, you need to take a trip to the Golden Grill II in Church Road Ashford (Middx/Surrey, not Kent).

It's a non-descript looking place, beautifully fitted out and spotlessly clean but to all intents and purposes it's a cafe.

However, these guys prepare and serve what I think is the best lamb shish kebab I've ever encountered.

Open flame grilled over a gas/hardwood hybrid, which is the kind of arrangement Raymond Blanc uses.

Served with simple but sensationally seasoned salads.

There's no magic to what they do, which is not a criticism. It's better than magic. It's sheer skill in selection of ingredients coupled with world class grilling skills.

Two people can eat-in, substantially so, with soft drinks and walk out with change from £20 for the whole lot (not per head!!)

We need a new thread dedicated to food - fast and 'slow' now. I am getting hungry.

Well Paul, if you say the Golden Grill II is good then I can assure you, that is good enough for me ;)

As for a dedicated food forum - Obi, make it so! |B

Oooh a TorqueFood forum, meals that powers our members, oo-er missus ;b/

Aston, the Golf is just as bad, the cupholder is behind the handbrake, go to grab the the brake lever and end up grabbing your scalding hot to-go coffee cup

The B6 Passat I have is worse still. VW chose to use an electric parking brake simply to facilitate locating a slidey tray thing with cup holders in the place where otherwise there would be a conventional handbrake lever. Were it not for the fact that I have had to have BOTH rear calipers replaced at a cost of over £380 each (all inclusive) I wouldn't mind so much. This was at Crendon Motors, here at home. VW's price was heading for double!!!!!!!!!!!!

VW.. people's car? Nope. Fascist dictator's car in this case.

Hitlers revenge on the allies!
On the old citeroen xm the gearstick was in the way of the cd drawer another famous flaw