strutt brace

M

mark 777

can anyone tell me if i can get a boot strutt brace for a saab 93 aero convertible 2001 to help get rid of the flexing etc thanks

can anyone tell me if i can get a boot strutt brace for a saab 93 aero convertible 2001 to help get rid of the flexing etc thanks

http://www.elkparts.com/saab-9000-m8598/suspension-system/strut-braces--roll-bars/rear-strut-bracebrsaab-9000cs.p879.html

Hi Mark, I have just had a custom made front strut brace made for me for my 93ss 2003 Aero out of a polished stainless steel tubing by Abbotts yesterday, it is so cool! an absolute work of art! :D

Neil, one of Abbotts master craftsman made it for me personally! Give them a call and speak to Giles, I am quite sure a boot strut brace will be no problem at all to these wonder men! tell Giles you were recommended to them by Dr Reid, and he will look after you, ;)

Hi Mark, here's a photo albeit not a very good one! as I only have a camera phone, of my front strut brace that Abbotts have just created for me out of stainless steel tubing, :D

for a convertible... um I honestly am not too sure. genuinesaab has ones for hatchbacks, If you call Nick T. on genuinesaab.com I know he could custom make one for you if it isn't listed in the catalog. Try partsforsaabs.com too, they might have one. If I was you I would get the anti roll / anti sway bar from genuine, you will feel a difference in "flex"

And to agree with Wayne here, getting flexing in a 9-3 vert's rear is crazy, must be pushing it which I like. I know I have a little flex back there, for the record Wayne the hatchbacks you will most certainly notice a flex when cornering hard, I just don't want to lose hatch space by putting the strut bar in.