stiffer susss ??

dizz

Tuner
Car
hyundai coupe turbo
hi there does any one no how to get stiffer susspention without lowering the car is it a case of changing the struts?
:) thanks.

replacement springs are the cheapest, but if you push the boat out with coilovers, the are adjustable for ride height and stiffness.

ah, i have looked at the coil overs but i think i mite have to get out a loan for them lol, and ive tryed finding stiffer springs but the only 1nse ive found are 30mm lower.
thankss

You could get lowered springs and pack them out to give you back the ride height - its a bit of a bodge but it might just work. :wink:

Sometimes you can get good results with stock springs and just uprate the dampers to gas pressurised units.

Stiffening an anti-roll bar will also tighten things up without altering the ride height.

Strut braces also take up the slack in the bodyshell and can really transform a car's handling if its body is naturally on the flexible side.

In general, lowering a car realyl doesn't do much for the handling (or ride).

What you really want to do is look for ways of lowering the centre of mass.

HDi fun said:
Sometimes you can get good results with stock springs and just uprate the dampers to gas pressurised units.

Stiffening an anti-roll bar will also tighten things up without altering the ride height.

Strut braces also take up the slack in the bodyshell and can really transform a car's handling if its body is naturally on the flexible side.

In general, lowering a car realyl doesn't do much for the handling (or ride).

What you really want to do is look for ways of lowering the centre of mass.

lowering a car is lowering the centre of mass is it not ??

lowering a car is lowering the centre of mass is it not ??

Err, no. the aim is to move the axis (fulcrum) of logitudinal roll away from the centre of mass.

Rgds,

Paul Anderson.

arnt the stock ones gas filled ?, is there a way to change the canting a bit ? or is that a realy bad idea for tyre wear etc..

To be truthful I'm not sure about the standard ones being as or oil items. Even if they are gas, there's likely to be a better aftermarket product available.

Changing other geometry could really upset tyre wear and handling if you go too far. Canting or camber is difficult do change, and you really need to know what the factory system does in use. The wheels don't necessarily remain vertical when the sus is loaded up on one side.

if you're after stiffer suspension you could always get scrappies from the sportier model in the rage.

i.e peugeot 106 1.1

get suspension from 106 gti

That's a good option - that way all the geometry will have been designed to work. Maybe a good four wheel alignment would be worthwhile afterwards to get the best from it.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back