Starting my Bonneville dream

Frizal

Car
Corolla, Forester,
Always loved cars. But never learned to work on them. Got a Toyota Corolla because it was cheap and I could start driving for Lyft with it. Going to use the Lyft money to start upgrading parts. To learn how to do basic things like water pumps. And to save up cash to go out to Bonneville in 2015. Hopefully find a ride to do a few runs in. Would like to have a dedicated Bonneville land speed car by 2016.
I have been out to Bonneville and Black Rock before. Only had a Ford ranger then. I have been talking about going back since 99. If I don't just do it, it won't happen.
As far as cars. My main goal is to find the cheapest car I can that will pass tech inspection. The biggest priority in that regards is roll cage. Then start tuning it up from there.
The final goal is to join the Bonneville 200 MPH club.

Things are sapping up. Might have found a class and vehicle to go for. The company I am working for is even evaluating sponsorship. And going out to Bonneville with me. The owners are big race fans. If it comes together I will start a build diary. Though I see this as a many years long project.

Hi and welcome.

You have 2 years :) I plan to revisit the salt in 2016 as our visit in August 2014 was washed out.

What class are you thinking about?

Hello and may I wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars, nice to have you along.

Sorry for my delay in replying to you, we've totally revamped the site, and I'm sure you'll agree it's 1000 time better than before, much faster and easier to use.

I hope you enjoy your time with us, you'll fit in just fine if you are crazy about cars and tuning them.

Please get involved in our many interesting discussions and debates.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back