spotrs cat

gti

hi , i want to fit a sports cat to my 206 gti 99 spec and im not sure if my car has two lambada sensors or one as some companys say check how many sensors your car has. as i dont know what these sensorors look like and where abouts EXACTLY they are im a bit stuck. or could i just by a sports cat regaudless of one/two sensors and just fit it? anyone help??:confused:

99 GTi uyou say? Hmm, I think that only has 1. The Lambda sensors (or oxygen sensors) look like a piece of wire with a large connector at one end and a little plug 'thing' at the other. The GTi 180 has two but I'm not sure your's. Try www.onlineautomotive.com and see if they list you'r vehicle as having 1 or 2. Get a 100 cell sports cat as this will make the most of the power your engine has to offer.

The GTi should have 2 but because of the year of you'r car it may only have 1. check out www.automotivesolutions.com and see what they have listed. A lambda sensor (or oxygen sensor) looks like a long coil of wire with a large connector at one end and a little plug 'thing' at the other.

If you do go with a sports cat, try to get a 100 cell cat as this will give you the most out of the engine and loose as little BHP as possible without breaking the emissions laws. The GTi 180 produces 204g/km of CO2, so the GTi won't have to comply as heavily with emissions regs as the 180 does..... i.e, a little room to play.

Hope this helps.

the 02 sensors are located, one before the cat and one after known as up stream and down stream assuming you have two on that model. basically they look a little like spark plugs screwed in either side of your cat. hth.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back