Speed cameras ....

think theres a point where reactions come back into it, for instance my reactions are prob slightly faster than HDI's whit the 15 ish year gap (going with him being 38 as im in a good mood) but yes he has much more experience than me so we would prob do about the same in an emergancy . however a 76yo who has been driving for 60 years is going to have more experience than the pair of us put together but his reactions are prob so bad that it would make no difference at all ( if he ever managed to get to 60 in the first place)

prince said:
I would fail because I generally hold the wheel with one hand (unless I'm driving at high speeds)
wheres you other hand while your doing this. dont say on the gearstick as you will knacker the gearbox

It's not only how many years that you've held a license to drive that measures experience. It's miles covered and attitude as well. I've clocked up over 600,000 miles in the 21 years I've been driving. That's a lot of time to screw up and make a mess. And a lot of time to learn from screwing up.

My Dad is 71 and he's starting to lose the finer points of his driving skills. Again, high mileage driver but age takes its toll.

At 38, I'm just about managing to kid myself I'm still young. And I hope that experience teaches me to lay off the fast driving when I really am no longer up to it.