Speakers

yankfan101

Torque Junkie
Car
1987 Range Rover
:bigsmile: Can anyone tell me which speakersi should buy/aquire for my '01 Focus that are CHEAP yet can handle a JVC KD-LX111R , i think its kikin' out about 200w,maybe 250w who knows. Many thanks guys. Ade.

For a start the headunit is no where near 200w. That's max power output which you'll get for about a second.
Actual power output (RMS) will prob at a guess be less than a hundred and remember you need to divide that by 4 to get each channels output. At a guess per channel your looking at around 20 watts rms.
Anyways take a look here http://www.bassjunkies.com/ or here http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/

Hey matey, turbo's right, that unit kicks out 19W per channel of RMS or nominal power,so find any speaker with a slightly higher RMS or nominal power rating, I'd personally go for pioneer JVC or Sony, they make cheaper speakers that usually work quite well at a reasonable level of quality for the price.. or splash out a wee bit and get a set of corsair's that will boost your sound level and quality without buying a amp.

Alpine do some very very good component speakers for not very much at all.
I've still got some somewhere and they was only £40 for the set.

Hey matey, turbo's right, that unit kicks out 19W per channel of RMS or nominal power,so find any speaker with a slightly higher RMS or nominal power rating, I'd personally go for pioneer JVC or Sony, they make cheaper speakers that usually work quite well at a reasonable level of quality for the price.. or splash out a wee bit and get a set of corsair's that will boost your sound level and quality without buying a amp.

Alpine you say Turbo, ok, i'll go see 'bout a set of 4. many thanks.

& this ones 4 u Boss, if my JVC only kicks out 19w a channel the the unit is A, A REAL jvc & B, the sound quality is superb, so im not gonna change it, even if it does cost me £40 to swap from car to car... thanks for the infor guys... TTFN

I've always had good experience with Pioneer products. Pioneer is big over here in the states.
I have Pioneer speakers in my Z34 and plan on using Pioneer when I redo the Saturn's stereo.
Pioneer was also the factory premium stereo option on the Chevrolet Cobalt, and Pioneer exclusively does ALL the stereos in every single Scion car. Notably, the Scion tC which has an 8 speaker 300 watt Pioneer stereo as standard.

Last edited: