So someone parks on your drive...

If that's all that happened, they are lucky.

Near one of the big offices, here in Bournemouth, there is a lot of enmity between locals and workers who park on side roads. I know a few people who work there and they have seen slashed tyres on cars that were parked in front of driveways. Which is very extreme! (plus criminal damage).

As for the story in your link, I think I would have blocked them in as well. Then when confronting them about vandalising my car I would mention they are being recorded and call the police as even trying to rock it out of the way could be considered vandalism and that's a criminal act.

However.... Blocking someone in is unlawful, even if the car one is blocking is unlawfully parked. Dumb, but there you go. The highway code only comes into effect if the offending car is causing an obstruction, and then only on public highways. Which it wasn't as it wasn't blocking anyone in and was a private drive.
They would be guilty of trespassing, which is a civil offence not a criminal one, so the police would not care (unless one party or the other started to get violent).
One option is to trace the owner details via the DVLA (freedom of information :) ) and pursue a civil case against them. That would be the calm and considered response. But on the day, in the heat of the moment? Who knows....

Actually. The chap had every right to park there.
Yes the drive belonged to a property but it doesn't class as being private unless behind a lockable gate!
The same is said for when a vehicle is sorned. It would be illegal to park an untaxed car in that space as it is deemed open to the public.

I have had this issue when I lived on a housing estate with shared driveways and such.
They use to be private but are now classed as communal unless parked Behind a locked gate. Otherwise it's classed as the public highway.
So in this instance there was actually nothing she could do.

Haha well I would wonder why anyone would be on my drive... my drive is 100 yards of rutted out mud at the end of 14 kilometres of washboard dirt and gravel. Theres nobody else out here but me lol