So does anyone recognise these symptoms?

miniben

Car
Megane Scenic 1.9
Hello everyone. I have just joined this forum after purchasing a 2002 Renault Megane scenic 1.9dci.
I wondered if any of you fine people would take the time to look at this video i have linked to. It is of my car running which right now is very poorly.
I am at my wits end with it now so desperately need help.
I bought it with a misfire and was told it was an injector. I replace the culpret injector which improved things but it is still lumpy on tickover causing the engine to shake a bit. When you rev the car it chokes a bit until you get past 1500rpm and then it clears.
There is sme smoke coming out from the engine bay behind the engine but that appears to be a leaking exhaust beneath the turbo.
I have checked the EGR, MAF, All induction hoses and all seem fine.Not to sure where to turn next?

Here is the video, hopefully someone may be able to help.

Regards

Ben

hello mate the best thing to do is take it to a garage if u have a freind which works at one etc and plug it in alook at the fuel pressure and the operation of componats i have a 1.5 dci clio which had a injector go then another and another and in the end i worked out it was the deisal pump how easyly does it start

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have since bought a replacement engine for the car and am in the process of fitting it now.

It should be finished by Monday so no need to worry about the old one now.

Cheers

Ben

Greetings and welcome to our TorqueCars forum :)

Only just seen the date of the original post. I was going to suggest adding a renowned fuel cleaner BG244 diesel fuel system cleaner through your tank first. Oh well, it's something to remember for the next time ;)

That's probably saved you loads of time and energy. That exhaust smoke in the engine bay is not good! Check the exhaust carefully, a leaking cat/DPF can sometimes cause a lumpy idle.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back