slk tunning

slktheosiem

Car
slk R171 200k
hallo to everyone my car is slk 200k with 163hp.....

after many modifications such as
remapping of the ecu
bigger and more efficient intercooler
62mm pulley for the compressor
parallel ecu in the map sensor reaching the point of 1.1 bar overboost
k&n air filter
hand made manifold,hjs sport cut
195mm crank pulley and 120mmpulley of water

with the above i have reached the point of 230+hp

now my new project is to find information for new aftermarket even handmade camshafts in order to use more effectively all the above!!!

do you have any idea for camshafts for my car????

please i really need your help!!!!!!

My mother had the SLK 230 Kompressor. Got rid cuz it was too slow. I mean, a 2.3 with a supercharger only making just shy of 200bhp is a bit perthetic.

But why not do an engine conversion to the 3.2 Kompressor engine and you'll have a much better starting base and should see it up to 300bhp area.

Most important is that the lobe separation is not getting too much. 10 degrees of increased duration is quite a bit in terms of power.
The Mercedes M111 variable cam timing keeps the duration constant and advances the intake timing (and valve overlap) with 20 crank degrees from approx. 1200 to 4300 RPM.

tomant

The Mercedes M111 variable cam timing keeps the duration constant and advances the intake timing (and valve overlap) with 20 crank degrees from approx. 1200 to 4300 RPM.

tomant

The duration is always constant on rigid cams. Variable cam timing wouldn't affect it.

You need systems like the three variants of FEV or Scheffler's Uni air system, which is currently being used by the Fiat group (called Multi air).