Torque Cars

Seat belt pretensioner

Discussion in 'Fiesta Forums' started by trumpet30, 1 November 2012.

1. trumpet30

trumpet30 Wrench Pro

Car:
    VW Polo 1.4TDI
    I bought a car that had been a car c and it had the airbag light on when I bought it. I have run a diagnostics and have two faults. One is an open circuit on a seat belt pretensioner so this obviously has been activated and needs replacing. The other is for an 'air bag cut off switch out of range'. Does anyone know where this would be as the car does not appear to be fitted with a key override for the airbag system and I am assuming this fault is linked with that. Anyone have any ideas.

2. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    woudlnt be the trigger under the bonnet that sets the airbag off in the 1st place ?