Sean Edwards fatal crash report

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
The coroner has finally handed down his report.
- no evidence that the coach or driver contributed to the crash.
- the cause of total mechanical brake failure could not be determined.
- front pads worn to a dangerous level,should have been identified in a mechanical inspection the day before the day before,they did not play a part in the crash.

FYI happened at my local track where I will be driving in a Time Attack event this week.

Last edited:
I have passed this on to the spelling and repetition police . I think the suitable phrase is 'Touche!' :) :)

The report seems to say nothing. No one was at fault and although the brakes failed the dangerous pads were fine. Who wrote the report, the car's owner?

.V( Should have remembered that JC said " let he who is without sin cast the first stone"
So We are all square then ;)
And in case you are wondering ? it wasn't Jeremy Clarkson.:lol:

Last edited:
Truce :)

I read the news report, seems like a racing 'incident'. Racing is dangerous and things go wrong and things break. You are either lucky or unlucky. Very sad but unfortunately a fact of racing life :-(

This info is from Performance Forums
PDF of coroners report (unseen by me )
-On board Go Pro footage shows driver pumping brake pedal
- suspected that a known fault with this model Porsche where a vacuum line can come off the inlet manifold and interfere with the throttle mechanism.

IF the brakes had failed then the car would not have slowed much when it drove straight ahead into the gravel trap as they need locked brakes for the tyres to dig into the gravel to slow it as much as possible.