Scrap Value of a Peugeot 306 turbo D

aston

The Torque Meister
Car
VOLVO and VW
Does anyone know what the scrap value of a 306 turbo D is. I think they weigh around 1100 kilos. Thank you

IIRC they still go by the kurb weight.
They did when I weighed a car in last year anyways.
Some are different though so I guess it depends on where you go.

Did you get the Mitsubishi?
I often quote "snoozers are loosers" And in this case I lost the car, I was hoping to go tomorrow (Monday) but had emailed the garage asking if they would let me know if the engine warning light had been sorted, They replied today stating that the car had been sold yeaterday. However every cloud has a silver lining as I took a deposit on the Mazda and the owner has a 306 DTurbo which she hopes to scrap, nothing wrong with it except the heater motor and apparently it is a bit scruffy, The good news is it is MOT'd until April and has a good Engine, So i hope to PX it on my mazda for scrap value if she is up for that. It'll suimy needs and gie me plentyof time to find something else....The last time I bought a temporary car it lasted me 18 months, that was a 205 diesel. I only intended to keep it for 2 weeks but it just would not die.

I often quote "snoozers are loosers" And in this case I lost the car, I was hoping to go tomorrow (Monday) but had emailed the garage asking if they would let me know if the engine warning light had been sorted, They replied today stating that the car had been sold yeaterday. However every cloud has a silver lining as I took a deposit on the Mazda and the owner has a 306 DTurbo which she hopes to scrap, nothing wrong with it except the heater motor and apparently it is a bit scruffy, The good news is it is MOT'd until April and has a good Engine, So i hope to PX it on my mazda for scrap value if she is up for that. It'll suimy needs and gie me plentyof time to find something else....The last time I bought a temporary car it lasted me 18 months, that was a 205 diesel. I only intended to keep it for 2 weeks but it just would not die.

Sounds reasonable to me. The 306 will certainly be a bit more frugal than the Mitsubishi when it comes to fuel. That 2.5 V6 is not known for its parsimony.

The most recent price I got from the scrap yard I use in Essex was £135/tonne, so 1100kg equates to £148.50. However, if you leave the wheels and tyres on and the wheels are steel you will probably be surcharged around £5 each as they have to get rid of the tyres. If the wheels are alloy they will be weighed in with the rest of the car without a surcharge.

the price of scrap in the uk has dropped by 20 quid a ton in the past 3 weeks due to oversupply and little demand.
would suggest you keep it for a month of two and will be able to make some more on it.

the price of scrap in the uk has dropped by 20 quid a ton in the past 3 weeks due to oversupply and little demand.
would suggest you keep it for a month of two and will be able to make some more on it.

I am not looking to scrap it, I am looking to use it as a car, all that is wrong is the heater motor doesn't work and the paint needs a tcut and polish.
Good cheap motoring so the lower the scrap value the better for me, I just want to know what to offer for the car as she plans to scrap it.

If a scrap man collects a car he will only give about 50 quid.I took a vectra to the scrap yard yesterday filled tank up with water and threw a vectra boot in took alloys off when they lifted it up with forkclift got 160 quid and they wiegh about 1,389kg

Anyone local want whats left of my Coupe to go and weigh in themselves before I get the scrapmen to take it for nothing? Dan?

It's a rolling shell. It still has a quarter of tank of fuel in, also yours if you want to drain it out? Plus a set of Wolfrace alloy wheels and PI -35mm lowering springs on. Have the bonnet, cut off front crossmember and some other random bits of steel in the lock-up to go with it.

Downside is it's full of crap like the old smashed up dash and that which you'd have to get rid of. It's not a lot though.

Fair enough, your loss fella. I just want it gone so if someone can benefit from it I'd rather that, however chances are the scrap pikeys will take it the weekend.