Saab 1996 Convertible

swg000000

Car
Saab 900 Convertibl
I have a 1996 Saab 900 SE Convertible. The roof retracting switch is a bit sticky and doesn't operate 100% of the time. I have another switch pack, but it is from a Saab 93 1998 - it is similar, but the roof button is for a sunroof rather than a convertible roof. Would this still operate a convertible roof if I installed it i.e is it just a switch that connects a circuit which allows whatever it is attached to to operate? Or would I need to get a new switch pack? Thanks, Steve.:cheesy:

In theory, the switch should be ok as the action of the switch for both is still a momentary action BUT as in all Saabs they like to tinker and I could not guarantee the compatibility.
When in doubt, and we are! use the right one for the right scenario! ;)

Thanks for that T9 man, much appreciated. I will test the new switch pack tomorrow and if I have any problems I will revert to my current switches and order a new/correct pack. Cheers

I might have a switch from a 1999 9-3 in my garage, might not be worth it to ship it out however. It should work, but the sunroof switch has a one touch forward option that might mess with it a bit. Wire the pack up, and give it a go, my guess is it will work fine, as the switch just needs the "up/down" signal, forward and backwards.