Roundabout rant

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
On a roundabout last night, in the inside lane of 3 lanes. A person from the outside lane cuts right across me and exits on my exit in the second lane, almost forcing me past my junction!

When I draw alongside it turns out to be an old driver who is clearly oblivious to everyone else on the road. Then they sit in the right hand lane rather than move over to the left.

Post video and shame them!

I have to deal with accidents resulting from such driving on a daily basis. It's really annoying,

I've had a dashcam since Christmas that I've not bothered myself to install as yet but I'll be sticking it in this weekend, at last. Just unsure on how to run the wire around the seem of the front screen and under the glove box etc to get back to the 12v connection. Hoping it's not too much of a hassle. Drivers are getting worse though. You have to drive for everyone else these days

Rudders my front dash cam is mounted as high as possible and as close as I can to the passenger side of the RVM so as not to create a distraction and the cord is fixed behind the visor and tucked in behind the pillar capping/trim and then taped up as best as possible under the dash on the way to the ciggie lighter power point.

I have just added a rear cam to the canopy that covered the tray/load bed of my 4x4 daily driver to be able to report aggressive tailgaters especially trucks and huge semi trailers with large bull bars that insist on closing the gap between us to mere metres at highway speeds.:mad:

FYI I always try to avoid getting into the above situation in the first place but that is not always possible and will change lanes to remove myself from those situations whenever possible as am well aware that a 60 ton truck and trailer combination will just drive over me in an emergency situation.