Road Aggression - the car or the driver?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do aggressive cars get bought by aggressive people or do you think that an aggressive looking/performing car brings out the aggression in the driver?

Does your attitude change if you get behind the wheel of a more aggressive, super powerful car?

I would venture to say that an aggressive person will act in a similar way regardless of the type of vehicle depending on the situation.

I would agree with TCJ but would also admit that being stuck behind slow cars when you have a whole heap of power to put down does become infuriating and so I'm much more likely to overtake people. I will say mainly people doing 40 or 50 in a national speed limit zone though. So many people don't understand that a single carriageway national speed limit zone is 60 and so just trundle along.

Guy I work with has recently bought an Audi S3. He says his wife says he has become more aggressive behind the wheel since driving it. He says he may as well live up to expectations! :)
He is an example of the car making the driver aggressive :lol: Though I would suggest he is not the norm ;)

An aggressive person will be aggressive in a car. This is a good read, though it US biased.

I generally drive slowly and courteously, got no time for bad manners or aggressive behaviour.
I save all that for the track ;)

I think the car brings out the worst in some people. It has to be there to begin with.

We all like to use the power when we can.