Respectable 0-60 times.

Yeah same. I've had V6, straight 6, turbo charged and twin turbo charged but never a V8. My 944 4 cylinders was taken from the 928s V8 so I've had half of a proper V8 :D
Really tempted at a Jaguar XJRS V12 for sale at moment. Fast enough, comfortable and rare just like me ;b/.
& as expensive to run as your good self I'm sure! ;)

Reactions: Teo
I think I need a V8 in my life.

i have to admit i have recently driven a clk 500 and the only thing i can say is wow that one car that warrent open pipes but it just one hell of a car but it does like turning left....... into the petrol station

Reactions: Teo
i have to admit i have recently driven a clk 500 and the only thing i can say is wow that one car that warrent open pipes but it just one hell of a car but it does like turning left....... into the petrol station

The 2015 Dodge Hellcat's fuel economy is: 22mpg when you put a carton of eggs under the go pedal and 90 gallons per hour or 12 minutes full tank to M-T when playing hard!!! :rofl:

Last edited:
dyno readings give reasonably accurate readings for power but not accurate for working out top speed or accelleration as weight and air resistance make a huge difference from the real figures............................................

The stagea has hit the rev limiter in top on a dyno but I certainly wouldnt claim that it has a top speed of 207 mph.

For the record 0-180 time for a veyron is about 18 seconds on the road

0-60 on my old car was around 5.3 secs but tended not to rag it in 1st & 2nd as the gearbox really didn't like it (went through 3 boxes in 2 years then calmed down a bit!!) 0-100 was 10 secs

60-100 was good though, 3.9 secs in 3rd with the GT30 so used to catch a lot of cars out here :) ....as long as it wasn't off boost! Laggy as hell that turbo :(

0-60 on this ones around the same but adds almost 2 secs 0-100. 60-100's around 5 secs though in 3rd. It's definitely quicker sub 80 but feels like it needs a little extra sparkle as its passing 90. This new 18t should sort that out :)

dyno readings give reasonably accurate readings for power but not accurate for working out top speed or accelleration as weight and air resistance make a huge difference from the real figures............................................

The stagea has hit the rev limiter in top on a dyno but I certainly wouldnt claim that it has a top speed of 207 mph.

For the record 0-180 time for a veyron is about 18 seconds on the road

What I said was:
Fully Agree!!|B

On the last dyno in aug. of 2014 my SRT will do 0 to 173 mph in a tad under 17 seconds at 6300rpm, as long as it is eased into.(no WOT initially) This P-1SC-1 is a linear supercharger (belt driven) and makes max boost at aprox. 4,000rpm up to fuel shut off at 6600rpm. After 2nd gear and 30 mph it kicks arsche! :D

Here is my ride. http://www.procharger.com/6.4_300.shtml

For the Record, I guess then that Chrysler is wrong with their dyno results of 207 mph on THEIR own dyno for the new Charger Hellcat and 204 actual(wind corrected for both directions)on the track??? Please Contact them to let them know of their errors. I'll let MPI here in Neenah(where my results were obtained from) know of your results so they can adjust their SYNFLOW dyno accordingly. MPI works on the worlds fastest and most expensive cars. This is where my Chrysler 300 SRT8 was run on their dyno. I do believe Chrysler has the same unit. :D

MPI, home of $100,000 to $50Millon dollar rides. :) http://www.mpi-ferrari.com

Now with all that said, Have a Good Day! |B

We've said before that Dynos are only good for comparing like with like, they are all different and the real world is different again. They are useful tools for setting a car up and seeing how it runs with various mods but we have to remember they are just tools.

Drag is a massive factor, I recall someone saying that you need 200bhp extra for every mile per hour over 200 to push through the drag created (or some other massive power gain not quite sure of figures).

We've said before that Dynos are only good for comparing like with like, they are all different and the real world is different again. They are useful tools for setting a car up and seeing how it runs with various mods but we have to remember they are just tools.

Drag is a massive factor, I recall someone saying that you need 200bhp extra for every mile per hour over 200 to push through the drag created (or some other massive power gain not quite sure of figures).

Wayne,
Of course they are JUST tools, but with newly developed CofDrag designs, these tools are reflecting close to real world numbers. Also I never stated that is WHAT??? my ride does in the REAL world, only WHAT it does in a controlled setting!

Here are the REAL world numbers that some rides are already obtaining: http://www.caranddriver.com/flipboo...bout-the-640-hp-200-mph-2016-cadillac-cts-v#1

And http://www.torquenews.com/106/2015-dodge-charger-hellcat-hits-206mph-video

Bottom line - On previous flat box designs - YES! On current and future designs, absolutely NOT!

Last edited:
If anyone posts figures which are not based on real life they shouldn't be surprised if someone points this out especially when real life is the topic of the thread.

I certainly don't question the accuracy of your numbers Teo just their relevance
I stand by what I said - dyno readings are not a valid way of measuring top speed or accelleration .

By definition accelleration and top speed only exist in the real world ( which was the topic) and whilst you can measure power on a dyno you can't accellerate or achieve a top speed because the car doesn't move.

Dyno and real life ? The rules are totally different .

Take top speed , On a dyno weight and drag coefficient mean nothing but on the road they mean everything above 150 mph.
And on the road that 150mph is still 150mph whether it is up or down a steep hill .

Same with acceleration 0-100 is far harder uphill than down but nobody's car doest not do 0-100 on a dyno

If anyone posts figures which are not based on real life they shouldn't be surprised if someone points this out especially when real life is the topic of the thread.

I am not surprised at all! My 0 to 60 times are real world with the issues I experienced after installing my supercharger. My 0 to 173 are dyno numbers as I plainly stated! I don't expect them to be real world until I can personally prove them myself! |B

I certainly don't question the accuracy of your numbers Teo just their relevance
I stand by what I said - dyno readings are not a valid way of measuring top speed or accelleration .

I disagree, dyno numbers are a very valid way of coming close to final track numbers! Yes the track finally proves those numbers, but it is 99% dyno numbers to ensure they are going in the right direction! |B

By definition accelleration and top speed only exist in the real world ( which was the topic) and whilst you can measure power on a dyno you can't accellerate or achieve a top speed because the car doesn't move.

I know EXACTLY what the initial topic was! And that is how I responded initially! |B

Dyno and real life ? The rules are totally different .

Far from true! In todays world it is it is much closer than you think or believe! |B

Take top speed , On a dyno weight and drag coefficient mean nothing but on the road they mean everything above 150 mph.
And on the road that 150mph is still 150mph whether it is up or down a steep hill .

It is all computed on paper/computer first! Then proved on a dyno, then finally on the track for final confirmation! |B|B

Same with acceleration 0-100 is far harder uphill than down but nobody's car doest not do 0-100 on a dyno

I NEVER go uphill! It is too hard on my knees!!! :rofl::):cool::D

Now shall we go on forever disagreeing or kiss and make up? |B But NOT on the lips!!! :rofl::rofl::p

0-60 is rather pointless. How do you prove how fast it is, tell the other guy to stop & wheelspin away to 60mph not much use on the road :eek:. I guess 60-150 is much more a guide to whats fast on the road. You don't need mega Power to have a fast 0-60 gearing/traction is more important. To me 0-60 sub 4, 0-100 sub 7 & 0-150 sub 12 is where fast starts.

0-60 is rather pointless. How do you prove how fast it is, tell the other guy to stop & wheelspin away to 60mph not much use on the road :eek:. I guess 60-150 is much more a guide to whats fast on the road. You don't need mega Power to have a fast 0-60 gearing/traction is more important. To me 0-60 sub 4, 0-100 sub 7 & 0-150 sub 12 is where fast starts.

Whether one Likes it or not, 0 to 60 is the prime SELLING tool for almost all vehicle MFG'S and they use it exclusively to hype product sales! :eek:

2013 Genesis Coupe 2.0T

I use the Torque app (works with an OBD2 port reader over bluetooth) and one of the things it does is measure 0-60, 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile and some other pulls. There's a long, straight road near my house too...

I did a pull 0-60 (hot car) and got 7.1 secs, but I got some wheelspin. Usually I use this road just to measure 5th gear torque/HP numbers at the wheels. I know I can get that well under 7, probably around 6 if the intake isn't heat soaked and I get no wheel spin. I just haven't done a second pull yet.

Hi, how's it going. I found this when I was looking up some info on wastegates. There are some good articles here.

2013 Genesis Coupe 2.0T

I use the Torque app (works with an OBD2 port reader over bluetooth) and one of the things it does is measure 0-60, 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile and some other pulls. There's a long, straight road near my house too...

I did a pull 0-60 (hot car) and got 7.1 secs, but I got some wheelspin. Usually I use this road just to measure 5th gear torque/HP numbers at the wheels. I know I can get that well under 7, probably around 6 if the intake isn't heat soaked and I get no wheel spin. I just haven't done a second pull yet.

Welcome Guybo,

You are really going to like it here! Our brothers and sisters in the UK are just as Car Crazy as we yanks and the rest of the world!! And extremely knowledgeable too! In fact many of them helped us out with that little party we had here in 1773 --- The Boston Tea Party!!! :cool::D |B We then joined arm in arm in 1941 with Churchill and never looked back! |B

I think most of us to 30-60 more than we do 0-60, 50-70 is another popular range we find ourselves in. I'd be happy to have a slow 0-60 as long as I get from 30-70 really quickly.

In reality, it is very rare that we use the full potential of any car on the highway so 0-60 or even 50-70 figures are really irrelevant.

My present car is a 2008 1.2 VW Fox, a free handmedown from my mother-in-law. It keeps up with traffic flows easily, whether on local or motorway. So, for day-day use, it is great. I have driven it from Essex to Northampton with no issues and it was comfortable (and reasonably economical).

60-150mph on the road must be very useful.