Torque Cars

Recommended: Diesel fuel additive BG244K

Discussion in 'Diesel Chat' started by obi_waynne, 19 November 2014.

1. bax

bax Torque Junkie

Mars
    Car:
    Rexton 270xdi 2005
    i couldnt help but notice multiple choices for Diesel engines on their Site ... im confused ... the 244k seems to be the first choice but there are more out there for the same company possibly for a different purpose , can you guys elaborate on that ?

2. Aerial Andy944

Aerial Andy944 The Torque Meister

Sunny South Somerset UK
    Car:
    VW Golf GT TDi 200
    The BG244 series is for service time I.e once, twice a year etc. There is also the AR6600 for heavy dpf cleaning then use by stuff thereafter. Talk to the manufacturer through one of the links I've put up and they'll advise on correct product to use.

3. geraint13

geraint13 Pro Tuner

Caerphilly, Wales
    Car:
    Zafira 1.9 SRI
    will be trying this as I don't know how long my car was stuck in limp home mode. and the mot is due next month so will get some in there.

4. Aerial Andy944

Sunny South Somerset UK
    Car:
    VW Golf GT TDi 200
    The manufacturer Power Enhancer have an EBay store and multipacks and good prices.
    Just serviced my Primastar van and put a can in which has smoothed out some of the hesitation under acceleration.

5. geraint13

geraint13 Pro Tuner

Caerphilly, Wales
    Car:
    Zafira 1.9 SRI
  6. bax

bax Torque Junkie

Mars
    Car:
    Rexton 270xdi 2005
  7. Aerial Andy944

Sunny South Somerset UK
    Car:
    VW Golf GT TDi 200
  8. geraint13

geraint13 Pro Tuner

Caerphilly, Wales
    Car:
    Zafira 1.9 SRI
    ^^^ cheers andy

9. Mark100000

Mark100000 Full member

london
    Car:
    mondeo2.0 x tdci
    Hi, i know from experience and expert advice that any fuel system cleaning additive for petrol cars does make them run smoother and more efficiently, but they also strip out essensial oil and lubrication in the process which is essensial for fuel pump, injector and valve health.... in the long run regular use, will eventually cause tappets to get very rattly and injectors to become inefficient, ruining mpg and even failing.
    so i would never use such a product on a petrol engine again,
    running a full tank of tesco 99 octane fuel through once in a while does the same job without using harsh degreasers that can cause the above problems,

but i have just bought my first diesel motor, and wondered if anyone knows if similar problems can occur with the equivilent diesel fuel system additives?? thanks

10. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    That is the difference between cheap additives and proper research backed ones.

All fuels contain additives anyway, these BG products add a stronger mix and all work well.

Most additives only require a tank treatment every year or so and I can't see much harm happening during this period. Do a full service and oil change just after to rinse out all the gunk, acids and accumulated contaminants if you are worried.

The BG244 worked well in my car, made a noticeable difference to the smooth running of the engine and I've had no ill effects since. I did do an oil change just after though as the oil was black.

I do try to use Shell fuel as much as possible, this works very well for me and the car runs nicely on it. VPower gets put in for spirited weekend drives and a bit of fun.

11. Mark100000

Mark100000 Full member

london
    Car:
    mondeo2.0 x tdci
    ok thanks for the advice mate, will pick some up then. ps shell vpower is only 97 ron, but tesco petrol stations (not esso) sell higher octane fuel that is 99 ron, so much better and cheaper than shell v power, you will notice even better throttle response over shell v power too. thats all i used to run my car on

12. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
  13. HDi fun

HDi fun TC ModFather

Buckinghamshire UK
    Car:
    Passat 2.0 TDi
    Shell V Power Nitro+ is 99 RON, as was its predecessor, namely Shell V Power (unleaded).

Tesco's Momentum does have a 99 RON rating but it also has a lower calorific value than standard unleaded petrol.

I tried it in my BMW a few times (which doesn't benefit from high octane fuel anyway) and found that perceived performance was marginally better running on standard 95 RON Esso fuel.

I am not brave enough to chance Tesco diesel.

14. Mark100000

Mark100000 Full member

london
    Car:
    mondeo2.0 x tdci
    ok thanks mate