Rear disc replacement 92 eunos roadster

gratz2

Tuner
Car
Golf V5 auto
Hi,
just about to start the above work on a friends car, any pitfalls/common probs I should know about? Would it be best to change wheel bearings at the same time (discs & pads relatively cheap, bearings vv expensive!). All tips/hints/advice gratefully recieved :blink1:

Shouldn't need to touch the bearings unless they are very worn and there is excessive play or friction in them.

Do you know the bleed sequence for the eunos? Have you done brakes before?

Hi, thanks for the reply, yes I have done brakes before but not on a eunos - having explored it further it seems that the discs are a lot easier to replace than on my golf where the bearings are pressed in (when I did mine i replaced the lot as it is easier). Any advice re: bleed sequence gratefully recieved! Also, have I got it right that the discs are seperate frome the hub? It looks as though they are on the drawings I have seen...

Not sure why waynne mentioned bleeding sequence if you are just changing the disks and pads?
If you have done them before the only thing you need to check before you start is if the piston just a push back 1 or if will you need a rewind tool;)

That can sometime cause airlocks Herb.
When I changed the disks and pads on the Primera I had to bleed the system up cause I lost fluid pushing the piston back in.;)

That can sometime cause airlocks Herb.
When I changed the disks and pads on the Primera I had to bleed the system up cause I lost fluid pushing the piston back in.;)

Thats a new one on me!
And i've done numerous disc and pad changes over the years.
Are you sure you didn't have air in the system already?

When I pressed the piston back in it pushed fluid out of the reservoir quite violently which would of sucked a few air bubble back in after I released the piston. Doing this on both front brakes lost enough fluid for me to have to bleed the system when I topped it back up.

Was actually a lot easier than expected:)
No problems encountered with pistons/loss of fluid or anything
Discovered all you need to do is remove 1 bolt from caliper and whole assembly swings up and can be removed, allowing easy removal/refitting of both disc and pads. Thanks for all the advice!

I love changing bearings on other peoples cars. Wouldn't do it on my own, incase I fluff it up. But on some of my mates bangers its a good vent for frustration. I love any job that needs a hammer and a flat head screwdriver :bigsmile:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back