Torque Cars

Rare cars spotted

Discussion in 'General car Chat' started by StevieDB9, 7 October 2008.

1. StevieDB9

StevieDB9 Road Burner

(was) Allanton, Scotland
    Car:
    Ford Focus 1.4
    Think this may exist somewhere on the site, so sorry if someones posted this. Why dont we have an ultra rare car watch, just for interest, where you post here when you see on the road rare cars. Now i know you all know i love aston martins, but even they are too common for this thread. and same goes for ferrari 360 430 etc etc.

ill start, on the road to france last weekend was overtook (is that a word) by a porsche carrera gt. also saw a mclaren slr back in glasgow

obi_waynne likes this.
  2. craggle26

craggle26 Tuner

North Wales
    Car:
    Polo CL Coupe
    I saw a VW POLO G40 the other day, I was parked up outside Halfords when a G40 pulled up along side me.

3. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Seen a few rare cars, but darned if I can recall what they were? One was a D Type Jaguar in blue which looked awesome.

4. Massive

Massive Torque Master

Weir
    Car:
    Clio 172 Cup
    rare for me would be a ferrari tbh esp where i live, not many cars like tha,

saw a vxr8 very nice!
    an audi r8
    a few bently gts

will post some more when i remember

5. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    ones that are local
    Ferrari 612
    Covette C6
    theres also a audi R8 sitting at the local BMW garage for sale

6. Massive

Massive Torque Master

Weir
    Car:
    Clio 172 Cup
    seen a munroe(?) vxr
    oh an gumpert apolloS at the garage i usually buy parts from and get some stuff fitted

7. TITAN

TITAN Tuner

London
    Car:
    Honda Civic EG
    saw a brand new maserati quattroporte earlier, was standing wiv a girl who exclaimed how ugly it was, i tried to explain that it was a maserati so it dont matter its always goin to be beautiful but she didnt understand lol, she said it looked like the new jags, and i asked what was wrong wiv that and she didnt said the front looks funny (well shes right but i couldnt let her kno that) lol

8. lutonmatt

lutonmatt The Torque Meister

chatham kent
    Car:
    82 trans am kitt
    have a r8 driving around
    and have a few customers have bentley gt's
    did see a f40 think it was but when you looked harder it was a mr2

9. steve09

steve09 Track Warrior

Car:
    Honda NSR 125R
    there was a ferrari 355 spyder around here for a while, only for a while as some little sh*ts kept smashing the headlights.

theres an RS4 around aswell. and a porche boxter, ok the last one isnt that rare, but i like them :p

10. fingers

fingers Torque Master

North Essex
    Hmmm, rare cars eh?.

Smug Mode.:bigsmile:

1970 Plymouth Sport Satellite. the only one in the UK.

1976 Lotus Eclat. Only 1660 (approx) ever made.

!982 Vauxhall Chevette auto. When was the last time you ever saw a Chevette let alona an auto?

The Satellite is at work waiting for the engine to be plummed in then it's back!!! and the other two are on my drive. :p

A guy across the road from my mum has a Hummer H2 and there's a Lotus Cortina that lives somewhere near me. My guv at work has a 1967 Ford Anglia (featured in last months Retro Ford).

11. steve09

steve09 Track Warrior

Car:
    Honda NSR 125R
    damn you fingers lol

do you know how long it will take to get the near lee's engine back in??

and are you going to be making an apperance to the meet in it?? please say yes ;) i really want to see it in the flesh and hear that lovley rumbly V8.

12. fingers

fingers Torque Master

North Essex
    The engine is in its hole and all bolted in, just need to fit the rad and plum it in, fill engine with oil and tune it. I should have it back by the weekend (touch wood). If I can make the meet I will, it would be great to put some names to faces and finally meet people. It all depends on where it is and how much fuel £££ I have to spend.

13. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    I think Fingers is starting a Museum ;)

14. StevieDB9

StevieDB9 Road Burner

(was) Allanton, Scotland
    Car:
    Ford Focus 1.4
    lol, this thread was made with you in mind fingers,bently gts are common as muck!saw thee original rally car the other day. audi quattro in fully b spec glory, on the back of a lorry mind you