R19 16v odb2 chiptunning

ata

Car
R19 16V PH2 1.8 F7P
Hello my friends,

I have renault 19 16v 1.8 F7P 1994 DOHC. I want to make a cable for this car to do chiptunning (read/write ECU). As I know there is in the fuse panel port (an old ODB) for diagnostic. I have an idea to get the 12 pin Connector Adapter ODB2 (this adapter i found on ebay) and get the ODB2 output.
001xgm.jpg

So now we have an male ODB2 output.
As I know there is many cable supporting many cars, but I haven't found anything related to my renault 19 16v model. I know that I need an ODB2 female input cable with USB and box, or something who will recognize my renault model when I connect it to laptop.
there is what I found on ebay:
8a451sbol.jpg

This is a scantool.
I wonder if this will fit to my model and I will be able to read write data? Theorically everything will fit my car port -> adapter -> scantool. But I dont know anything about the tool which connects to adapter and then by USB to laptop. Does anyone have such ideas how to make this? Or know something about this?
I think that previous device would be nice for solving car problems.
But I wonder where to get or how to make that device/cable which can be used to read/write data, like RSTuner.
I don't know where computer code is (ECU). Does anybody know where that code is? I haven't tried to open ECU case. It's the same ECU on all R19 16v models? P.S. I have such a uniq R19 16v model with Air Conditioning and electric power steering that everyone in the car services pulls up the head!

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Don't start fiddling with the ECU unless you really know what you are doing. The OBDII port is very handy for getting diagnostics done and reading fault codes.

Renault 19 has an old ODB. There is and adaptor ODB to ODB2.

Only an OBD2 ECU will accept remaps the old OBD port is slow and not suitable for flashing as far as I am aware. You can still do diagnostincs via OBD1 and get fault codes etc but that is about all:(

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back