Questions about cams...

Striker2237

Car
2003 Ram 1500 6.7L
So I'm needing a new camshaft to go along with a build of my engine and I've put off getting one till I had every other part so that I knew what I would be working with. I kinda don't know much about the fine points of cams such as the overlap, duration, lobe angle, and stuff along those lines. I was hoping you guys could give me examples of what each parameter effects in an engine so I can start looking around for a cam that will work. Thanks!

What I meant was the phone has no distance limit. A friend has a Cleveland V8 in his Ford Pop. Australia is the world leader in Cleveland technology so he has made contacts there and bought heads and cams. he is even considering shipping a crate motor over!

So I'm needing a new camshaft to go along with a build of my engine and I've put off getting one till I had every other part so that I knew what I would be working with. I kinda don't know much about the fine points of cams such as the overlap, duration, lobe angle, and stuff along those lines. I was hoping you guys could give me examples of what each parameter effects in an engine so I can start looking around for a cam that will work. Thanks!

If it is a Hemi? Then try these shops. www.shophemi.com https://www.modernmuscleperformance.com also livernois in michigan If you need more? Send me a pm and I will respond. |B

Not a hemi, its the olde 360 magnum based of the 1968 designed 360 engine.....very esoteric motor lol!

I'm meeting up with a local machine shop owner to try and get some input on what I should look for in a cam. Hope I get some good leads!