Primera brakes

turbonutter69

TC ModFather
Car
Insignia SRI.
Well I think my back calipers have had it. For the last few days everytime I've stopped and got out the car I smelt a faint burning smell but didn't think much about it. Well tonight I've just got out my car an took my son out when the smell was really bad. Took my son in and went back to the car to investigate and it is my passenger rear brake that stinks off burning. I checked the other side an it's no where near as hot as the passenger side. It's only just had pads in the back so I know it's not them. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I haven't been using the brakes hard either. I haven't got a torch either so I'll have to take it for a blast tomorrow to investigate...:confused:

Yeah I did have that thought. They where very stiff when I put new pads in but I took em to bits to free them an clean them up. They prob the same one's from factory so may well want replacin anyways. Might do a caliper upgrade. But not sure if it would be worth that or just fit standard calipers with some fast road pads?

Yes but only the slightest amount so it don't go on the friction surface. I think the caliper piston is locking on slighty may just need so fresh fluid and a good bleed. Will take the wheel off when I get chance. It's not causing to many probs. It does get hot but I don't go far enough for it to cause any probs. It just smells abit when I stop lol. Looks like that brake only has done ten laps of donnington...lol :lol:

Yes it is slightly sticking on all the time. I'm not too worried cause it'll be coming of the road soon hopefully and i'm gonna replace the front and rear disks calipers and pads so it doesn't really matter if it wears it down or damages it. The cars done enough miles anyway so I think it deserves some new brakes. I may do the brake line at the same time. It's not causing any probs at the mo so it's not as bad as i first thought.

Try leaving it in gear at night without the handbrake on (if that is legal) and hopefully it will not be seized on when you go to drive it in the morning. ;)

Well i've had the wheel off today. An the caliper has had it. I can free it by knocking it with a hammer but as soon as I touch the brakes it locks slightly. But if i'm replacing 1 side i'm gonna do the other too so it will have to wait a bit....

Well i've had the wheel off today. An the caliper has had it. I can free it by knocking it with a hammer but as soon as I touch the brakes it locks slightly. But if i'm replacing 1 side i'm gonna do the other too so it will have to wait a bit....
hi mate, i presume its the piston in the caliper getting jammed
take the caliper off and soak it in oil 3 in 1 or wd40, you have notting to lose, but it might work who knows
the piston does go through a lot, brake dust, tempetures dirt from the rd

ive told someone this before on the yankee site, but they never tried it
saying i know notting, im not saying it works, but if it does at least you know the cure next time you encounter the proplem:D:D

hi mate, i presume its the piston in the caliper getting jammed
take the caliper off and soak it in oil 3 in 1 or wd40, you have notting to lose, but it might work who knows
the piston does go through a lot, brake dust, tempetures dirt from the rd

ive told someone this before on the yankee site, but they never tried it
saying i know notting, im not saying it works, but if it does at least you know the cure next time you encounter the proplem:D:D

If i'm honest mate I think It's the spring in the caliper rather than the piston. I did the rear pads about 3 or 4 months ago and completly cleaned the calipers and pistons. The pistons where jammed then but that was the reason they got a good thourough cleaning. I think they are original aswell so they do really need updating I think..:D