Price of Fuel! Whats your limmit?

Once upon a time, when my father was young, a litre of petrol cost Rs. 6.5 & a Honda city cost Rs. 96,000. Now a litre of petrol is Rs. 54.0 & Honda city comes at Rs. 9,80,000... Wish if I had a time machine, i could go there & fetch gallons of petrol & fly back with my Honda ! lol!

Back to the Future style! :lol:

Down in Cornwall last week I filled up at £1.19.9 but back home we saw upto £1.34.9 and why is it always .9p why not just round up - they are not fooling anyone. How can anyone pay a .9p anyway? If you get one litre they won't charge you the .9 they will just round up to the next penny.

Hopefully prices will come down a bit but they are still way too high for my liking. I've cut my annual mileage considerably over the last few years so only spend £30 a week on fuel but this is almost what we spend on food!

Same here, I have never understood why its .9? Why not just round it up, as I'm pretty sure when you come to pay, it's rounded up, because you never the price as £24.67.9 do you?? I wonder what happens when you put in the minimum fill (2L at most big garages). Would they charge you (given the price £1 19.9) £2 39.8, £2 39 or £2 40?? :blink:

Anyone with a bike? Can someone try it so we can get an answer please? I have just given my last fuel can away as I no longer use my trial bike.

I think the money bit of the pump only goes up in pennies so I assume they round up all the time, you can always pinch a penny or two back by putting in £10.01 for example & then using the penny pot at the till ;)

Or do it the easy way, and put in an exact 10, 20, 30 etc. litres, that way you will pay £11.79 (or whatever) per unit.

But then they'd still round it up to the nearest pence.
If you ask me thats why it's always .9 so they can round it up and get a little free money off everyone.

It could be a plot for entrapment 2 - Catherine Zeta Jones writes a program to divert all the .9pences from our fuel payments into her account!:D

Lets just say the average person puts 40L fuel in their car a week and the price of fuel (for ease) is 99.9 a L. That is costing the user an extra 0.1p a L, that means for a tank it is costing him 4p.

Now say there are 20 Million people who fill up like that, that means per week they are taking 8K from free money. That over a year comes to £416000 free money per year from the .1 extra they get from our fuel!

Or I could have got it wrong! :embarrest:

think its just phsycological. like selling things for 99p, we all know that its a quid really but it looks much better when you see it advertised as this.

they wont round it up per litre, they will just round the last figure up so in your example you would actually pay 0p extra per year as it comes to exactly gbp39.96 per 40 ltr.

Ai, its like he 99's (the ice cream) they were called a 99 because they cost 99p. I remember when I was a kid I asked for one and he took a quid off me and I asked for my change, he said they were a quid. I told him to shove it and give me my money back!

I have always been an argumentative git!

sign0020.gif

get your petrol now, it will be back up shortly, oil over USD75/barrel again whereas it had fallen to USD70/barrel during the week!

I know, but a certain supermarket has stopped the offer ''spend £50 or more in store and we will give you 5p a L off at the pumps''

Didn't fint that out untill I did a massive shop!

Gutted!:embarrest: