porsche boxster 2.7 2001

nicholas

Car
porsche boxster 2.7
hello wanting to upgrade engine remapped sports exhaust fully changed air induction done changed filter just want modify engine moderately pls help 2.7 engine boxster dont know were to go in australia :D. friends a cluey mechanic but i want to hear what u have to say thank u.

Hi there and welcome to TorqueCars. The mods you have listed make good sense. Leave the remp till last though as this should tie all your other mods together. What about a fast road cam profile? It would also pay to get the head flowed and ported and this will help you get the most from your other modifications.

thanks for msg asking if anyone does headwork around here in melbourne not many want to mess with porsche engine ile find someone thanks waynne

Keep us posted and let us know what you found the best mods are. More importantly ENJOY THE CAR!

hi there i was going to change the cams in the boxster but deciced to supercharge it lol getting done in a weeks time ile tell u all how it goes

Have you done it yet? Be sure to post up some pics. That will be a real 911 beater when you've finished with it.

hey picking it up tommorow its only a 5 bar boost or whatever its called so no engine mods needed more torque and hp down low and mid were it counts for me anyhow peter fitzgerald is doing it he says it will rip up trees lol they will dyno tune it tommorow and ile tell you the diff before and after a lot of sights say 50 percent diff but thats simply not true withought engine mods and bigger boost ide say 50 hp more ime guessing and for a light car like boxster it should go ok with other mods .

PMSL it won't be 5 bar mate. I think you mean 5psi, which is 0.3ish bar. That sounds a little low but maybe they're just playing it safe. I'm guessing about 40hp more max on 5psi if it's just a remap of the standard ECU.

Boxsters aren't that light for a two-seater ;)

soz o.5 bar porsche weights in at 1220 on rego sticker but realistically prob 1280 which ir reasonable and hes doing the ecu what u think ime going to get out of it?

hi all just received my car back took a while to tune it its running an eaton supercharger at half bar thinks thats round 7 psi torque has risen dramatically kw about 25 percent including performance cats and mufflers, its a different car to drive takes off like a rocket as opposed to before evebn pulls away in 4th gear dramatically ime so happy. i think i have only supercharged boxster in aust at the moment not sure though, big diff is the torque and it sounds amazing cant be happier...

WOW that sounds great. I bet your fuel economy will suffer and your tyres will only last a few months now!

Enjoy the car. Post up some pics for us of your supercharger when you get to 10 posts.

Did they need to do any other mods to get it all working properly?

when it first came out they added an extra injector piggy back if u like but my porsche mechanic put it in a 2.5 and it blew the engine somehow the petrol wasnt working evenly not a good desighn anyhow he remodified the blower so no extra injector put a piggy back ecu on the motec think thats what its called and proceded to tune it on the dyno himself with laptop in car eventually the mechanic who is heavily into racing targa etc for many yrs and his team have won many trphys has good ties with germany so eventually they will do llive tuning via computer so he says well get more out of the project when that happens problem is when cars come next to me now i get cocky lol.

You're running it on Motec? You've got far too much money for my liking mate :p A lot of what you're saying doesn't make sense though, you mention Motec and then say something about piggyback? And what's this 2.5 you mention? No need to run an extra injector either, too much hassle, larger capacity injectors will suffice if the others are running above 90% duty.

None of this about 25% kw business though, peak bhp/torque figures and graphs please.

Any chance you could try and write more clearly with a bit more punctuation? I'm very interested in what could be a 911 killing Boxster!

:lol::lol: Not my sort of car, but definately my sort of thing :bigsmile: Good on the fella for being different I say. It's all to easy to want a faster car, then go out and buy a 911.

well i'm a bit offended but anyhow motec is the original computer in the back boot which regulates everything in the engine tune wise, they atached another piggy back computer on it dont know why i think that overides original somehow to a degree i dont know

It is a second hand blower origginally it came with a piggy back 7th injector the porsche mechanic realised the 7th injector was crap not giving fuel evenly and remodified kit now its working properly kit came from tcp ot ptc some company in america that deals in eatons superchargers it a m62 model .

Graph wise i'm not to good with comps ile get a friend to post them dont have a scanner but i will post them.so far ive blown away 2 nissan gtrs which was great feels good having a decent car rather than a 1000 dollar car that ive had for 10 yrs and no i'm not rich and i know my grammar isnt the best but at least i'm not rude and willing to give it a go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats the spirit Nicholas! I don't think MA meant anything rude by his post it probably could have been worded better though.

Sorry Nicholas, I didn't mean to seem rude or cause offense, I'm just very blunt sometimes. Always have been. I just like what you've done with the car and want to know more about it, that's all!

I wasn't taking the p*ss, I'm just finding it hard to read some of what you're writing, which is frustrating when it's really interesting stuff.

I think I've made sense of what was confusing me though. Boxsters engine managment is MOTRONIC, not MOTEC. MOTEC is a brand of standalone engine management, which is very good but also one of the most expensive avaliable lol (hence the money statement). You're using a piggyback on the MOTRONIC, rather than a standalone system such as MOTEC or DTA.

PS, it'd be awesome to see some graphs and shots of the bay if you have any?

Regards,

MA.

all good mate my writing skills are not the best, ile pst graphs soon not a massive rise in hp in top as opposed to stock quite low actually but when u look at stock figures as opposed to supercharged figures from dyno it increases by say 25 to 30 kw all way across graph, and torque is up by 110 n or 120 n at peak of graph, might not seem like much as other cars have higher outputs but the supercharger as you probably already know by the sounds of things works progressively and wont give you big figures like a turbo on the dyno, but mate its made a massive difference i just have to post the graphs you will most likely work them out beter than me, so really not high figures but its the way it puts these figures on ground ime told makes the deal lol. some other say gtr etc wrx have more power but i sem to beat them i dont know lol, i wont to take it to a quarter mile strip if i get 13s ime happy dont expect more.

For such little boost they are good gains. It's not about peak power and torque, it's about how the power and torque is distributed throughout the rev range. The curve ofthe graph if you will.

For example, a car that makes 200bhp from 2000-6000 rpm is generally going to be quicker than one that makes 90bhp below 5000rpm, then 240bhp from 5000-6000rpm. Obviously thats an example to explain a point, because you'll never actually see a car make an exact power curve that stays at a certain level, it rises (and drops) with revs. Hope that makes sense.