Poor quality british roads - the plus side

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Here is an interesting plus side on the state of our roads. Batteries that are actually mini generators that use vibrations to create a charge.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-10711202

At the moment they are quite small but fit a larger version to an electric car and with the state of our potholed roads we will not need to refuel ever again! :lol:

I think even the vibrations from our roads would be too much to run a battery cos it would just fall to bits.

I think even the vibrations from our roads would be too much to run a battery cos it would just fall to bits.

Brilliant!

I've no objection to electric cars provided the range is usable and the performance is strong enough so that it's not tiresome to drive.

Here is an interesting plus side on the state of our roads. Batteries that are actually mini generators that use vibrations to create a charge.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-10711202

At the moment they are quite small but fit a larger version to an electric car and with the state of our potholed roads we will not need to refuel ever again! :lol:

Yeah you may never need to refuel again but the cost of maintaining your car after driving in and out of craters ouweighs the benifits IMO. If anything wouldnt that make you want to go over potholes? But if you were to put one of these batteries in say a big 4x4...

Maybe the suspension could be rigged up as a generator, a bit like regenerative braking but just using the up and down motion. It might even make the car handle a bit better.

I drove a citron bolingo thing a while back, and I tell you what, if Citron ever made one of these cars, I would give it 3 miles before it falls to bits. This citron on the smoothest of road, lost its door handles and mirror. Heap of ......

Big Bad Joe got it right with the cars falling to bits problem. Shame in many ways because the Citroens of old with the oleo-pneumatic suspension made effortless work of poor roads.