Polo 1.4MPi - air filter or induction kit??

WilduB

Car
VW Polo 1.4MPi
Proper new to car modding and mechanics and after all the info I can get ☺

I've been doing some reading and would it be best with my polo 1.4MPi to get a new air filter over an induction kit? Would I actually lose some power, can you put an induction kit on a Polo?

Any help will be gratefully received ☺

Hi and welcome.

We have discussed this many times on here :)

Car manufacturers do a pretty good job with regard to the air filter systems on their cars and most aftermarket replacement will make little or no difference (don't believe what is printed on the box!)

However, changing the filter or adding an induction kit is a good and safe way to begin your modifying life. You won't make your car dangerous and probably won't damage it. Don't expect any power increase, though, especially on a 1.4 :) What you will get is more noise, which often feels like extra power.

Yes, you can fit an induction kit on a polo.

[Brilliant advice nice one..

You know I'm not all that bothered about going faster, I'm realistic about the engine size so I think my goal for this little polo I'd to get her running and sounding like a beast ☺
I think I will add an intake as I've never put one on and it will make a bit if noise, I'm also looking at a cherry bomb exhaust for it, tip is 2.75 so the biggest I'm willing to go..

Thanks for your reply man, I will have many more questions... actually haha do you know the best intake for a polo?

Right this is the end of this message now ☺QUOTE="old-git, that no mate!
Hi and welcome.

Car manufacturers do a pretty good job with regard to the air filter systems on their cars and most aftermarket replacement will make little or no difference (don't believe what is printed on the box!)

However, changing the filter or adding an induction kit is a good and safe way to begin your modifying life. You won't make your car dangerous and probably won't damage it. Don't expect any power increase, though, especially on a 1.4 :) What you will get is more noise, which often feels like extra power.

299949, member: 2830"]Hi and welcome.

Yes, you can fit an induction kit on a polo.[/QUOTE
Hi and welcome.

Sounding like a beast! :) Sorry, but the only beast that a 1.4 will sound like is a mouse in pain :)

But do it anyway as it is fun and you will probably like the noise it makes.

Haha yea I'm not expecting anything major. More interested in using this car to learn and play with.. clean it up and get it looking smart, running well and sounding nice.. its had some work done I've had suspension and had it lowered, new clutch and gear box, also exhuast pipe.. i will order an induction kit then and see how it goes ☺

Having fun is what it is about. If you haven't already, get the tracking checked as lowering can mess this up resulting in greater tyre wear and compromised steering.