Torque Cars

Pod filter air feed

Discussion in 'Vectra' started by pattokbox, 22 January 2010.

1. pattokbox

pattokbox Full member

Australia, Canberra ACT
    Car:
    2000 Vectra 2.6 v6
    Hi Guys,

More q'w on the intake of my vectra, i am just trying to work out pro's and cons of putting my pod filter in an air box vs just in the engine bay.

filter gets less air in the box but its cold, more air in the bay but its hot air, would venting the bonnet change this much or just better to keep in the box

Any thoughts or ideas would be great, thanks

2. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    leave it in the box and get some big ducting, cut away the standard intake from the box and fit iin the bigger ducting. fit the other side at the area of high pressure at the front and youll have lots of cold air getting to the filter