Torque Cars

Please read,, need help :)

Discussion in '205/206/207/208 forums' started by Joeboy81, 19 July 2012.

1. Joeboy81

Joeboy81 Newbie

Scotland Ayrshire
    Car:
    206 gti 180
    Hi folks, been a member for a couple of months now but this is my first time posting,,, great site btw , I own a gti 180 In black (wich I love) and am trying to track down a previous owner to find out what this car has had done to it,there has been lots of monney that I can see ,,,,,has a private plate J88 PUG wich sets it off really well and was told was worth £750 also got paper work for janspeed exhaust £450 and am told has had new valves followers and guides,,, ( sorry if this is getting boring ) the car feels alot quicker than 180 bhp and would really like to find out what he had done to the car,,,,,? Also if the valves and belts were really done as no paperwork BUT was told he was a mercedes technition .,so please if your reading this and u owned this car or know who did would really apriciate any info,,,THANKS

Last edited: 19 July 2012
  2. old-git

old-git Moderator

Essex
    Car:
    Elan & Robin Hood
    Hi and welcome to the forum.

If the previous owner's address isn't on the logbook, go on to the DVLA site and request a list of previous owners.

3. T9 man

T9 man TC Pro Founder Moderator

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!
    Good to have you along with us :)

4. Joeboy81

Joeboy81 Newbie

Scotland Ayrshire
    Car:
    206 gti 180
    thanks for the welcome and Thanks for the reply old-git ,I know most of its time was spent around Edenburgh but would love to find out some more about its history,,, it's a cracking wee car with lots of £££ spent on it and was hoping someone on here had seen it before,, thanks again for the reply buddy think that's the road I'll go down then , :)

5. Joeboy81

Joeboy81 Newbie

Scotland Ayrshire
    Car:
    206 gti 180
    Thanks t9 it's a pleasure to be here :)

6. Yugguy

Yugguy Torque King

Rugby (expat Preston lad)
    Car:
    Merc C220Cdi Elegan
    Howdo. Only sure way to find out if it's been tuned is to stick it on a rolling road.

Is this your first hot hatch? I'm not meaning to talk down to you but if you've not driven something like the 180, or clio 182, they can feel very fast especially when the vvt kicks in at high revs.

Cheers

7. Joeboy81

Joeboy81 Newbie

Scotland Ayrshire
    Car:
    206 gti 180
    Cheers yugguy , I was thinkin that buddy, no m8 haven't had the pleasure of driving the 182 as is it seems to be a very quick car, I used to own a Saab 2lt turbo that was fairly quick that had 185 bhp and more than enough torque , but anyway back to the point lol yeah I'm sure there are some things I could do to find out but would be great to find an old owner on a site like this and hear from the horses mouth about any mods / timing belt ect....thanks everyone for the replys