Plastic Overfender/arches

Racer75

Tuner
Car
BMW 323i (e36)
I have purchased over fenders (arches) for my car as the tyres stick out past the arches, which I believe is illegal.

To rememdy this, I have purchased plastic fenders which hide the wheels under the arches. This was not what I wanted to do but the wheels on the car just now are naff. Basically, what I want to know is, is it possible to use filler or glass fibre to hide the line and make it like a widebody kit. Would filler or glass fibre stick to the plastic fender or would it fall off and crumble?

Any thoughts or ideas is appreciated.

Cheers

Seeing that the tyres are protruding past the guards it would seem that the car has been fitted wheels with the incorrect offset.

Over here it is only legal to increase the track on a registered vehicle by a maximum of 25mm or 1 inch so you may need to read the rules as the car may be deemed "unroadworthy" and in the worst case scenario invalidate your collision insurance.

You should advise your insurer of any and all mods/changes from factory spec and have them note them on your cover-note.

PS my reply may not be what you wanted to hear BUT it is based on personal experience.

PPS Just consulted "professor Google " and found this which seems to confirm my thoughts :)

https://www.keithmichaels.co.uk/modified-cars-insurance/car-insurance-modifications-guide/

Last edited: