Peugeot Partner loosing power

Zyda

Car
Peugeot Partner '14
Hi All, Peugeot Partner 2014 has been loosing power as you drive and then we have to wait for 10 minutes and it starts and drives as if nothing happened. it will drive perfectly for maybe a week or two and then do the same thing, 10 min later it will start and drive normal. They replaced thus far the speed sensor and battery with the same problems after. They now say that since the car is not showing any fault they will have to manually check each component. Can anyone shed light on this. Thanks Zyda from South Africa

I'm assuming it's a diesel, Could be the EGR is blocked, could be the turbo is on the way out. The best thing to do would be to do a diagnostic when it is down on power to see if it brings up any codes then. failing that I would suggest looking at common faults with the same or similar symptoms. if all else fails start by replacing the cheaper stuff, I'd start with engine temps sensors.

I'm assuming it's a diesel, Could be the EGR is blocked, could be the turbo is on the way out. The best thing to do would be to do a diagnostic when it is down on power to see if it brings up any codes then. failing that I would suggest looking at common faults with the same or similar symptoms. if all else fails start by replacing the cheaper stuff, I'd start with engine temps sensors.
Thanks Olley, it is petrol though but will check the temp sensor as it does start again once cool.

Hello from me, another resident petrol head. Great to have you onboard. Enjoy your time here, and please post loads, the more the merrier as they say.

I thought I should let you all know that it was the catalytic convertor that was blocked up, it eventually was so bad that the error read on the system. I have replaced it and the van is truly like a new van. Quiet, smooth and powerful. Thanks to you all for being here.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back