Peugeot partner 1.6 loss of power

Adam79

Car
Peugeot partner 1.6
Hi all
As a work van i have a peugeot partner 1.6 hdi, all has been well,except while driving i noticed a difference in power, it does not want to rev above 3000rpm, there are no warning lights that have come on as yet,
Recently i have fitted a new battery as the last one had a drain somewhere discharging it, so i have been disconnecting the live terminal,where ever i stop so the van restarts, any help would be greatly appreciated.

It might be something as simple as the ECU not being able to adapt as you keep disconnecting the battery. I would suggest you find the source of the discharging and fix that first. I have seen an auto electrician do this once so try this trick buddy -
Try leaving the live terminal on the battery connected and remove the negative lead, fit a small low wattage lamp in series between the disconnected negative lead and the negative battery terminal.
Hopefully you will see a glow on the lamp. Make sure your doors are closed and windows open before you do this.
Now start to remove the fuses one by one until the light on the test lamp goes out, check to see what the fuse is controlling and with a bit of luck this might be the source of the drain on the battery.
Worth a try and will cost you nothing. If you have a breakdown recovery in place then call them up and tell them the van had a flat battery for some inexplicable reason and let them check it out.

Let us know how you get on.

It might be something as simple as the ECU not being able to adapt as you keep disconnecting the battery. I would suggest you find the source of the discharging and fix that first. I have seen an auto electrician do this once so try this trick buddy -
Try leaving the live terminal on the battery connected and remove the negative lead, fit a small low wattage lamp in series between the disconnected negative lead and the negative battery terminal.
Hopefully you will see a glow on the lamp. Make sure your doors are closed and windows open before you do this.
Now start to remove the fuses one by one until the light on the test lamp goes out, check to see what the fuse is controlling and with a bit of luck this might be the source of the drain on the battery.
Worth a try and will cost you nothing. If you have a breakdown recovery in place then call them up and tell them the van had a flat battery for some inexplicable reason and let them check it out.

Let us know how you get on.
Thaks for your quick reply il give it a go

I do like the battery / lamp idea in an attempt to locate a drain. I'll store that one up in the memory bank :)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back