Peugeot clutch

AZUM

Wrench Pro
Car
peugeot 206 x line
Hello pgarner,

thanks for your advise on the air flow sensor have cleaned it up and will try out the car this was for the toyota corolla.

Ok now i have a question on the peugeot 206 , just got the complete clutch replaced with a original french make. the trouble i have now is that the clutch leaves suddenly as thou it springs out. what could be causing this ? could the splines be too high? if so will they settle with time or do i need to repalce the system again.

thanks

Hi waynne,

Yes the complete clutch system was replaced the thrust bearing, clutch disc and pressure plate together with the clutch cable which was almost breaking.

The gears are very hard / tight to engage thou i greased the links while replacing the clutch system this was not there prior to replacing the clutch. Please help did i miss fixing somthing here???

While dead stop at junctions if i pump the clutch a couple of times the first gear almost engaging smoothly. while the engine is switch of the gears seem to engage fine.

Good Day,

Can anyone please help me out with the peugeot 206 idle issue, where is the speed sensor located and mass air flow sensor? can these be cleaned? i read about the revised coil pack before i tackle this i want to make sure the above sensors are ok.

thanks

Good Day,

I was checking the peugoet 206 spark plugs this morning and noticed that plug N0. 2 and 4 are burning fine but plug N0. 1 and 3 are white that is over heating can anyone help out here please what is causing this?

thanks

It may sound funny but it seems like my car does not have the mass air flow sensor the only one that i can locate is the manifold pressure sensor which is fitted to the throttle body closer to the coolant bottle and the lambda sensor on the manifold.

The other sensor that i can see is the idle controller (stepper Motor) is there a way i can send you the engine diagram????

thanks you are always a great help

Good Day,

Any ideas how i can replace the oxygen sensor ( Lambada sensor) in peugeot 206. On the manifold where it is fitted uses a size 22 fixed spanner but there is not enough space to turn it open if i try from the socket side the socket is too big to pass through the ring spanner.

Good Day,

Any ideas how i can replace the oxygen sensor ( Lambada sensor) in peugeot 206. On the manifold where it is fitted uses a size 22 fixed spanner but there is not enough space to turn it open if i try from the socket side the socket is too big to pass through the ring spanner.

Where is the peugeot 206 alaram siren located and how to adjust the siren sound

Good Day,

In a peugeot 206 which gear links are allocated to 1st and 2nd gear shifts? i am having a problem with the 1st and 2nd gear engaging and sometimes with the reverse. The 3rd, 4th and 5th are engage smoothly.

Thanks

It should be just one linkage arm, I don't think there's seperate ones, if it's crunching a couple of the gears then you may need a new selector in the gearbox or even another gearbox.

I'm pretty sure the linkage is adjustable though.

Good Day,

thank you for your advise. The peugeot 206 has three links two small ones and one long. But not adjustable. Now from the three links i cant figure out which one is for the 1st , 2nd & reverse gear. On some occasions if i pump the clutch pedal a couple of times the 1,2 and reverse engage smoothly.

I found the link ends are cup like which fit to knobs and they all had a crack in them i guess its a fibre glass like material.

One more advise please there is this ball like just below the gear links it seems to have play but no signs of cracks or worn out i have cleaned and greased it would this be the problem??

Thanks again

Could be but wouldn't hurt to give it a try,

To find out which one does 123 gears, jack the car up and get a friend to move the stick while you see what moves

Good Day,

I NEED HELP with Peugeot Clutch Kit. Ok First Jarrus i jacked up the car and noticed that the gear selector unit not the links. the copper bush was worn out i got a new bush replaced on this and the ball had less play.

Got a New clutch kit complete with the bearing, pressure and disc plates. the clutch still leaves late as thou the when the clutch is worn out. the clutch padel is much soft now i also got a new clutch cable fitted. the fly wheel areas is in good conditon.

Can anyone help me out here what would be causing the late clutch release. Gear engaging is much smoother thou hard at times but my conern is the late clutch release.

thanks

Good Day,

PEUGEOT 206 MANUAL TRANSMISSION

Need your advise yet again please.

I noticed that the heater matrix compartment behind the audio system below the dash board towards the floor Heats up extremely.

What could be causing this? Thou the Aircon, fan and the heating switches within the cabin seem to be working fine the car temperature goes up to 95 before the fan comes on.

Any idea where the coolant sensor is located on these cars may be its due for replacement?

Thanks

Normal but it heats up the moment the i start the car and gradually its hot to touch. Hope the coolant sensor had not packed up.

Would high coolant temperature cause erratic raves??

thanks

Good Day

i am still tryinging to sort our my peugeot 206. I have checked again and again can't seem to locate the MAF sensor or the EGR Valve. Could someone please point out the exact place where is should look for these two.............

Good Day,

i finally discovered that not all peugeots come with the MAS & EGR but with MAP which i managed to located and clean this improved the pick of the car now i need some advise and easy steps to open the throttle body.

Is there a adjustment on the throttle body sensor on these cars

Thanks

Good Day,

This is a ECU operated system. The vehicle has been put on the diagnostic and no error code is present, at first i thought the rav counter was faulty but its not. Its a Peugeot 206 there is something that is interferring with the rav counter why would it have erratic idle currently at idle either on warm or cold engine the need is pointing between 0 and 70.

the throttle body could be dirty but if the counters showing as low as 0 and the engine is still running then it sounds like its the counter thats at fault. can you hear the engine revs changing ?

did you refit the MAP sensor correctly as it will be using this to measure the airflwo

Good Day,

I checked the throttle body and its very clean to my surprise no residue clogged.

The ravs move from 0 it will go backwards to 70...60...50... and make a complete circle
and this does not happen immediately i can drive the car for two days and its would still be at 0 on idle on warm or cold engine. there is a silient change in the rav, like there is mis and then it pick ups by 2mm the needle fluctuates.

The MAP fits in one way only no adjustment to it. The Haynes book mentions the Intake Air Temperatur Sensor well this is not present in the throttle where it says it should be most likely its in coporated with main throttle body.

this problem started when the vehicle went for service to authorized dealer i took it back like 3 times and they could not figure out whats wrong have put on the diagnostice and no fault codes appear. when the needle slowly completes the circle and arrives at around 2000 - 2500 the car has a very smooth run.

Any advise please

thanks